Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well thw track reopened yesterday and I went to watch. I didn't get to run because of an accident friday and a few stitches in my clutch hand(knida hard to shift not being able to squeeze). I was amazed at some of the bikes though. There were 1000's, busas and zx12s slammed, stretched and air shifter, and they all had nos but weren't spraying any when I left. What amazed me was that the fastest pass I saw was a 9.8 from the kaw. The others were in the 10, and a few f4is ran twelves. What was really sad was the turbo lt1 6 speed running 10.8, a full boby car as fast as the bikes. Why put that much money in a bike top just run 10s or high 9's when I have watched 750's run mid to low 9's?

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
Well its all up to the rider..I also have seen Busa's adn similar bikes running slow..BUT don't judge all of those By what You seen!!

Some are really fast bikes when rode the right way!!

Ps.You have seen 750's run low 9's?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I don't judge all bikes, I konw there are plenty of killer fast bikes out there and I totally agree it is in the rider. I realize busa's are fast, I have never ridden one, but would like to just to see what they are like and to see if they are as comfortable as they say. Here's a question to ya, with 1000's and other bikes getting as fast as they are are busa's nessicary, I mean I have seen many stock 1000's just lowered and running 9.9. i just think more ppl are going to 1000 than a busa, what do you think? Oh and about the 750, I have seen a lowered and strapped with extensions and an air shifter, no exhaust or anything go from 9.7 to 9.9, depending on the night. The ones I have seen go any faster were a lot more modded and being sprayed like heck.

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
Its all whats You like,if You like the corners a 1 liter bike is fast and corners well..if you like Big Torq and comfort for long rides..The Busa is perfect..and there alot eaiser to launch because of being longer and a heavier bike in the front..

And also any bike with a extended arm will usually run a good number if rode correctly,its alot harder to run good numbers on a stock armed bike..

Seems to Me like the older guys Buy more Busa's and the younger kids get 1000's?And Yes the new 1000cc bikes are alot lighter and have the same power as a stock busa..But the Busa was built for top speed runs and its still and will always be the king in that contest!!

Me personally I'm a GSXR Guy..I had a bunch but all it took is one ride on a Busa to make Me want one!!I think everyone should at least ride one just to see what its like..and believe it or not it handles pretty good for a bike of its size..

I have a GSXR600 if I dont sell to get a K51000 I want to put a 1000 motor in it..Best of both worlds..a Busa and a 1000!!

·
Swears off Women, for hot man loving
2,263 Posts
Prostar guys are running 9's on stock length 600's. The thing about racing a bike is that it is about 90% rider. The first 60 ft are where the time is made pretty much cause anyone can hold a bike open in 3rd gear. There are stock lowered 10r's running 9.30's with the stock pipe still. Don't just what you see as law because a lot of people (me included) just can't leave hard enough to run the times they are capable of. When you try it, you will see what we mean by that.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Prostar guys are running 9's on stock length 600's. The thing about racing a bike is that it is about 90% rider. The first 60 ft are where the time is made pretty much cause anyone can hold a bike open in 3rd gear. There are stock lowered 10r's running 9.30's with the stock pipe still. Don't just what you see as law because a lot of people (me included) just can't leave hard enough to run the times they are capable of. When you try it, you will see what we mean by that.
Dude you cant compare 600ss class with much anything else, notice thats why there are only a handfull of 600ss riders, there is more to that class than meets the eye.. TRUST ME!

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
True..But You would Be suprised..My 600 it all stock (pipe gear ect)and the motor has never been apart and has been low tens with Me on it and I weigh 185 lbs..

But for the most part every bike you see at the track is not going to a Pro rider or a tweeked bike..Just people having fun Thats what it all about!and if your bracket racing it Really doesn't matter how fast you are,just be consistiant!!

Ryan S,Chip E,Eddie K,Richard G,Chris M, to name a few are Very very talented and VERY light..Not to mention all the resources and knowledge of and having a TEAM behind them and Money to go really fast doesn't Hurt either!!

·
Swears off Women, for hot man loving
2,263 Posts
Dude you cant compare 600ss class with much anything else, notice thats why there are only a handfull of 600ss riders, there is more to that class than meets the eye.. TRUST ME!

Oh I know you can't compare them to the normal person, I am just pointing out the opposite end of the spectrum as to what he saw. He went and saw the worst there is to offer, I was simply pointing out the best there is to offer lol. And the 600SS class is still limited to 115 HP I believe, they just have the best jockeys money can buy.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have been on the track, this will be the third year on the drag track on a bike. I truely understand that it is a lot rider. First year I got my 600 down to 11 flat, thought I was donig pretty good for a 20k mile bike. When I got my 750 all I have done is a 10.8, I have only been one the track with it about 3 times though, and it had a few issues(air filter and bad gas, nothing major) when I got it, but I also gained about 15pds in that time also. I don't go out there to beat anyone but me. I don't have the money to keep up with the ppl out there running 9's.

·
Registered
497 Posts
low 10s on a stock geared stock 600 no motor and you weigh 185?? man thats real fast i managed 10.26 on stock 02 thou no pipe stock gearing stock everything! were you lowered?

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
Yes I was shocked too..But it was a really good day with a tail wind..Bike goes 30's 40 all day long..and Yes slammed and all the tricks in the book!!

And thats all stock motor WITH pipe Gear ect..Sorry it was a little missleading..

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well went back to the track Saturday night. Was atleast a little happy with my times, I have agined about 30pds this winter and still ran what my best time was last year on a rear that was showing threads the whole night.
Also got to watch some busa's that could run. One turbo busa run an [email protected] and another busa ran 8.9, it wasn't turboed but sprayed. The 8.4 guy wasn't happy. He thought he should be doin 7.90's and I come to find out the other bike was pushing 230hp of motor w/ a 50 shot. Pretty bad bikes.
Oh yea, bro run a 10.2 on a totally stock 1000rr, have slip to prove it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts