Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok listen up dickbags and jamoques out there, this is what i was raving about this weekend,

Cornerspeed is doing a trackday at the VIR GRAND COURSE. Not to be confused with the Patriot or the Full course, this includes parts from the North, South, and Patriot courses.

a whopping 4.15 miles per lap on this bad boy!!!!!!!!!!!!

visit http://www.cornerspeed.net/schedule.html , the info is there

its monday, July 25th, $200 for licensed racers. Yes its a monday, but worth the day off from work. The course is so bad ass and they only do two trackdays a year for that course, and the other one is in November so weather could be sketchy.

FOR AN ONBOARD VIDEO to show you the madness, check out

http://www.onboardvideos.com/04-07-vir-cornerspeed-grandcourse.wmv

UNREAL!!!!

I already sent my shit in. Get on it !!!!!!!!!!!!!! All you northerner bastages can crash at my house monday night if you want, to finish the drive up the next morning

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
man...I should put my business trip off 1 week and do it!

Is this a trackday if you have a race license or is this a full school?

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
holy shit i just watched that ideo again, the switchbacks are incredible!!!! tons of decreasing radius, elevation changes, unbelieveable!!!!!!

cmon who's in

Dave
Lobster
Fever
Adam
NJ
Andy
who ???????

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
that video link isn't working for me.

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FUCK LOUDON!!!!!!

this is really a once-in-a-year opportunity Dave.

I can't fathom wasting your time at that crash-house named Loudon when you've run it a million times, vs. the best circuit on the East Coast.

put down the crackpipe and register!!!!!!!!!! free place to stay at my house to rest before and/or after!

·
Registered
950 Posts
Hmmmmm....I'm going down that week to look at a few houses in NC.......Maybe i'll tote the bike and shit down with me. I can just leave it in NC when i'm done....I sold my house after 1 day on the market.

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
i hear STT does the whole course also. that would be awsome. i was talking about that this weekend

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
im sure it would be awsome to ride but suck to watch

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
that is an awesome friggen course.. i wonder why the ama doesnt run it?
The AMA doesn't like the oak tree turn. Not enough run off. Really, VIR is meant to be run on the FULL course, which is also awesome. I did that last year. The climbing esses that connects North to south are AWESOME, and the left kink on the south course coming in with that much more speed is an experience. I'll run Full again with Nesba after the AMA weekend.

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah the full course looks amazing too, want to run that someday.

so who the fuck is going to come and play on the GRAND COURSE ??????????????

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
You'll be rebuilding the Stink Wheel after all day on that course... DAMN that looks awesome...Maybe next year...!!!

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i'll gladly spend $100 for new pistons and rings for that monster of a track !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts