Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont know but that viper is sick regardless... set up? .i think otherwise. but apperently he's suppose to run either another bussa or a 1 liter turbo'd at 15lbs of boost. gary (with the viper) told the guy if he can get his bike from Ga to Tx (maybe the other way around not sure). he will put him up in a room and rent another track to run on. so... that should be interesting to say the least.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Let me just say bull shit, that was set up and then some

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't believe a word of it....especially the write up that says the Busa was runnin' 5.9s @129mph...wtf? That speed would equal something like a 9.5 1/4 mile.....BS!!!

·
Registered
849 Posts
5.9 in the 1/8th is a little more then 9.5s in the qaurter its more like 8.90-9.0s in the qarter and you also got to think that they are doing it from a roll as well so i dont think it was set up there are a few other vids of that guy running other busas some turbo that beat himn and some stockers that he beats.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Yeah, this guy is full of shit. He had a race on his website against a K3 1000 and the guy gave him no run at all. I mean the Viper walked him, looked like the guy on the bike was barely twisting the throttle. So I don't know if this guy just finds squids to race against that don't know how to ride, or he just needs to feed his ego to justify all the money he dumped into his Viper.

I got that Kings Of Street video with Nick Slick in it and there's a guy with a turbo Busa in it running a 1200hp Supra (which was only geared to 160mph for 1/4 mile so you know it has some serious acceleration) and the rider was 300 POUNDS.
Busa walked the Supra.

This video is definately staged. Watch this video of a stock Busa running a 900hp Supercharged Viper and tell me that video isn't BS.
http://www.twistedhumor.com/cars/VIPER-race-small.wmv

·
Registered
750 Posts
I call bullshiet looks rigged to me! from 80 isn't a race! who "races" from 80? drag raceing started street light to street light. Gary says he wanted to take traction and driver error out of the picture, OH OK then i say next year nascar just run the cars, with no drivers. that would even it out a bit. I'd hate to think traction and driver error was an issue in racing? Tell him to stop trying to manipulate people to make himself look better....I can't freakin believe he was slick enough to sucker Adam into that race at all, it was all under his terms....If he wanted to eliminate traction issue's in his "street" car then he should have gotten himself an AWD. Not a viper! It's a great car but it has it's short cummings, lots of them! how are you going to circumvent your cars weaknesses.. maybe I'll race from him 0 to 20 mph when we get back! Because I would like to eliminate horsepower, and speed issues from the race to make it truely fair. Seems like I have already written this before?

·
Registered
192 Posts
without looking at the video.. i believe that sis the one that is set up.. the guy lives up by santa monica that has the turbo busa. he sets stuff like that up from time to time. he has the full length video for sale somewhere. I cant remember his website though.

·
Registered
351 Posts
first off, garys viper is sick. it would rape a stock busa any day of the week. now, i dont know about a 10psi turbo busa, but id venture to say that with gary on race gas and 20+ psi which that engine can handle, he could pull a turbo busa in top speed on aero dynamics alone. garys car is fast, its not slow by any means. i think hes pushing 850rwhp and more torque at 15psi.

after watching the video, it looks majorly setup. the busa never even lined up with the viper! i still dont doubt that viper can take down a LOT of fast bikes.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
first off, garys viper is sick. it would rape a stock busa any day of the week. now, i dont know about a 10psi turbo busa, but id venture to say that with gary on race gas and 20+ psi which that engine can handle, he could pull a turbo busa in top speed on aero dynamics alone. garys car is fast, its not slow by any means. i think hes pushing 850rwhp and more torque at 15psi.
But it wasn't a top speed run. It was a roll-on from 80-180. Even in that space, a stock Busa would hold it's own against that car (850 rwhp Viper), a Turbo'd busa with over 100hp more than stock would eat that car alive, especially considering that car is geared for over 200mph. I find it funny that the bike is being ridden by the "mechanic" who installed the turbo, LOL. I wonder why his mechanic wasn't driving the Viper, you know, to keep with the variable eliminating methodology.

I heard Gary has another video he's waiting to put on his website. Apparently he challened a top fuel dragster to a 1/4 mile run. You guessed it, Gary won the race, the one thing was the dragster was being driven by a local teenager they found at a strip mall.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
as far as et goes in the 1/4 mile, yea that bike will convert to heigh 8's. low 9's. gary has avidio of the viper on its 2nd run after being built with no track expience. and it ran a 10.0X. other people (viper owners ) told him that that track due to altitude and other variations that track is almost a full second slower than others. IM JUST REPEATING WHAT I READ. so if that is correct that would put garys car in the low 9 catagory.. another thing to think about in drag racing the turbo's are not fully spooled when the car leaves the line, to as it can be in a rolling race, and rather he won or lost that busa has a fration of the cost of the viper, with the amount of cash gary has in that viper. you could buy a show room floor full of busa's

·
Registered
763 Posts
Absolute utter unquestionable BULLSHIT.
I've seen this viper dude's vids before. Everything is staged from the very beginning. He starts it as a roll-on right at the speed, gear, and rpm that works best for HIM. He actually signals when it's time to start, which shows he is directing the whole thing. Then he races some dude that seems to have no clue what he's doing, who also looks like he's not even trying. In the old video with the guy on the GSX-R1000, the rider doesn't even know how to shift gears, and he starts the roll-on in a high gear. It's obvious because of how long it takes him to shift into the next higher gear after the race starts.

In this video with the Busa, the guy on the busa is such a fuggin' idiot that he doesn't even tuck under the screen.
WTF ?! The power-to-weight ratio on the turbo Busa totally lays waste to that viper, AND it's got an extended swingarm too. This viper guy thinks he is feeding his ego and making a reputation for himself, but he is actually making himself look like a first class fool.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Either something was messed up with the bike, or the rider wasn't as good as he thought he was. Either way, the race wasn't staged.

I don't really believe the owner of the bike ran that fast in the 8th mile, I just went by what he said. It looked more like a mid-low six second pull when I seen it run.

Nonetheless, the Busa was on it all the way, the Viper was on it all the way, both had race gas, etc., but the race was far from staged. With all the trash talking that went on before this race (several weeks before), there's no way this wasn't real.

Both owners somewhat started off on the wrong foot about things until the race happened. Needless to say, the bike owner is a little less 'cocky' about his statements.

BTW - I was the cameraman in the Viper

·
Registered
87 Posts
I believe Jason Heffner built that viper, whether it took the turbo Busa or not I still think it's pretty damn amazing to have a tuner build a car that could realistically be mentioned in the same sentence as a turbo busa. Heffner Motorsports also built a LOW 8-second street driven viper that was in a few mag's a couple of months back. if your ever on viperalley.com (garyjavo is over there too) check for the "the chad". They Gave us trying to keep that thing on the dyno and beleive it runs about 1600 ish rwhp with rwtq to match. It's last run was around a [email protected] or so mph.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.