Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
If its the link in beginning of thread ,no. That list is for bikes that have been insured current or in the past.

No good for us down in FL, we dont need insurance. For used bikes that is.

Best is to run the vin with a LEO.

·
Banned
29,644 Posts
If its the link in beginning of thread ,no. That list is for bikes that have been insured current or in the past.

No good for us down in FL, we dont need insurance. For used bikes that is.

Best is to run the vin with a LEO.

:wtf you talking about?

·
Registered
79 Posts
This just saved me 1300 for a frame and engine plus other parts i seen on c.l. . the guy has it up as clean title gixxer 05 600 . entered the vin and it reports back as a loss/salvaged title !

Question : a lil lost on where it says loss does that mean its a non op where i cant register it anymore ? I wouild still like to buy it if its just salvaged . Id offer less though .

js1gn7ca752108201

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
This just saved me 1300 for a frame and engine plus other parts i seen on c.l. . the guy has it up as clean title gixxer 05 600 . entered the vin and it reports back as a loss/salvaged title !

Question : a lil lost on where it says loss does that mean its a non op where i cant register it anymore ? I wouild still like to buy it if its just salvaged . Id offer less though .

js1gn7ca752108201

I can only answer to FL law.

We can re-register a salvage title here. But the value will be way less then a regular non-salvage title.
Check the law in your state.

·
Cock Lover,lover of the cock.
406 Posts
I always call the local pd. Tell them I am about to purchase a vehicle from *name* and want to make sure this is the owner of this vehicle im buying and to make sure the vin isn't stolen, or no RIP (registration in progress) is on file.

They love the chance to look for stolen goods with public help.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
About this Discussion
46 Replies
29 Participants
Jaredkaragen
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing