Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Interesting. Is that site free or do you have to subscribe to it? Nothing ever turned up on mine, but if it were recovered and went to auction, I'd like to know who got it.
i ran the vin in my 04 and the 90 and was free .. not sure if you get "x" amount of free uses then need to join or if you join you get more results?

·
Registered
228 Posts
is there one for the motor #? A guy know got a motor from Connecticut and when he went to get the bike inspected the motor was stolen and the highway patrol ceased the bike and he had to pay the insurance company for the motor to get the bike back even though the frame wasn't stolen and in his name. I know where 90% of my motors came from but it would be nice to know for sure on when buying a rat bike

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
We don't have the engine numbers in the title here in florida.
I think i read that SUZUKI of America has the list of the matching frame to engine numbers. But i don't know if they would share that info.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
i use this website all the time when buying frames from strangers works great and is pretty up-to-date great post bro

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah guys, The NCIB is actually reported to by MOST (not necessarily all) insurance, junk yards, but def all police entities. Also, the reporting agency may be on a daily update with NCIB or a weekly...could take a month based on a few factors that are not beyond logic.

My point here is that you don't want to rely on that site. I personally call the local PD when I'm considering buying anything with any kind of serial number that does not come with a title. I do this prior to purchasing it.

My latest acquisition is a '93 GSX-R 750 WP. No title. Haven't even researched to see if it's been wrecked or anything yet. Got a mess of wiring...story goes "guy buys bike, guy mods bike, guy wrecks bike racing someone, guy's Girl pulls the seat and cuts a bunch of wires"

·
Registered
254 Posts
Re: Re: VIN check website. Make sure that bike ain't stolen!!!

Got a mess of wiring...story goes "guy buys bike, guy mods bike, guy wrecks bike racing someone, guy's Girl pulls the seat and cuts a bunch of wires"
:spit
Now THAT'S funny! Unfortunate, but funny...

·
I'm Sticking Around
1,665 Posts
story goes "guy buys bike, guy mods bike, guy wrecks bike racing someone, guy's Girl pulls the seat and cuts a bunch of wires"
:spit
Now THAT'S funny! Unfortunate, but funny...
I was thinking the same thing. That is ONE jaded individual who goes after that which brings YOU happiness.

Ed

21 - 40 of 49 Posts