Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thoughts? He was reinstated, and can play in September if a team takes him.

Personally, I would rather have Vick than Favre for the Vikings, he's faster, stronger, and younger. I think him and AP could tear the field up in a hurry.

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
I think he shouldn't be given a chance to make millions of dollars again. I hope no team signs him, and i hope eventually he becomes homeless.

i dont think he would work as well with the vikings as favre would for a few simple reasons (first off - i think favre should retire - i'm a hardcore packers fan, but what he's doing is making himself look like a f*cking joke), but favre would stretch the defense out, knowing that he likes to go for big throws, this would help back the defense up to make AP more dangerous, cause defenses would need to cover long as well short now - you bring vick in - sure he can throw - but he runs a lot - they'll always be covering for a run with vick and ap there... it would hurt ap more than help imo.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Seriously people take this shit to serious! Let him play, I don't think it should be a problem. If he fucks up again its on him you dont think he lost enough? I mean yeah he killed a bunch of dogs but in certain countries and certain cultures its a norm. Not saying I agree with it, just saying we as Americans can be super sensitive about shit like this. There's other shit we can all worry about man.

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Seriously people take this shit to serious! Let him play, I don't think it should be a problem. If he fucks up again its on him you dont think he lost enough? I mean yeah he killed a bunch of dogs but in certain countries and certain cultures its a norm. Not saying I agree with it, just saying we as Americans can be super sensitive about shit like this. There's other shit we can all worry about man.
your post is :eek:fftopic

however most serial killers murder cats and other animals before humans. I dont think vick has suffered enough until hes been slammed or choked to death - in the exact same way he did the dogs.

its not we as americans - its as human beings we should be disgusted by people torturing innocent things.

·
Premium Member
9,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
your post is :eek:fftopic

however most serial killers murder cats and other animals before humans. I dont think vick has suffered enough until hes been slammed or choked to death - in the exact same way he did the dogs.

its not we as americans - its as human beings we should be disgusted by people torturing innocent things.
I DONT think hes a serial killer, but carry on:biggrin

·
Distracted from Dillys Ass, Looking at Joes Junk
1,302 Posts
Thoughts? He was reinstated, and can play in September if a team takes him.

Personally, I would rather have Vick than Favre for the Vikings, he's faster, stronger, and younger. I think him and AP could tear the field up in a hurry.
+1 right on

·
Nittany Lion
4,277 Posts
I think he shouldn't be given a chance to make millions of dollars again. I hope no team signs him, and i hope eventually he becomes homeless.

i dont think he would work as well with the vikings as favre would for a few simple reasons (first off - i think favre should retire - i'm a hardcore packers fan, but what he's doing is making himself look like a f*cking joke), but favre would stretch the defense out, knowing that he likes to go for big throws, this would help back the defense up to make AP more dangerous, cause defenses would need to cover long as well short now - you bring vick in - sure he can throw - but he runs a lot - they'll always be covering for a run with vick and ap there... it would hurt ap more than help imo.
Excellent anology. Never thought of it that way, but i def. agree. As far as Vick, he just didn't kill a few dogs ( which I could care less and I am a animal lover, I just don't think they are higher than humans, unlike most ), but he is a punk thug that ran a gambling ring, drugs and who know what else was involved. However, everyone deserves a second chance in life, but he shouldn't be given the opportunity to just come right back and make millions. If I was commish, he would be allowed a second chance, but at a base salary.

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
I DONT think hes a serial killer, but carry on:biggrin
i dont either - im just saying lots of serial killers started off killing animals - not saying one leads to the other - just saying you can't shrug something liek this off as nothing.. but i did actually comment on if i thought hed be good for the vikings - didja read it?

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
I agree that he should get a 2nd chance but at same time if he is signed it needs to be at a small amount and prove he actually deserves that nice paycheck, and not to bail him out but if he comes in and proves hes worth the paydirt then pay him. As for now I think he just needs to take what he can get no matter how little it is.

San Fran sure could use a QB

·
Premium Member
5,169 Posts
You kidding me granted he wont be seeing any endorsements from Nike, Under Armor, or doing Pepsi commercials, he will still make millions. He's working construction, and doing seminars and driving a damn Range Rover living in a house much nicer than mine or yours.

The dude did his time for a petty crime IMO. Granted its illegal, but there are way worse things going on in America. What it will come down to one day is the NFL and other major league sport leagues stepping up and holding each and every PROFESSIONAL to a PROFESSIONAL standard. If the avg joe gets popped for an illegal drug, your job is gone. In most cases getting a felony in any shape your shit canned. These individuals should feel privileged to play a sport and make ridiculous amounts of money doing it.

With that said, since there is nothing like that in place currently. I hope Vick gets picked up and gets in camp to compete for a job.
Vick going to Minn is dumb seeing as Jackson and Vick are mirror images of one another.

I'd like to see him in Jacksonville, Denver, San Fran, Tampa...

Oh and getting second chances should be using your college degree and applying it towards a field in the real world once you've been booted from "the league"...
That is if you get your degree... heh!

·
Premium Member
9,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Vick going to Minn is dumb seeing as Jackson and Vick are mirror images of one another.
Not even close except for skin color. Jackson can't hit his target, shows high school experience, and is not nearly as fast when running is needed. WAY more talent than Jackson.

·
Registered
49 Posts
People are so caught up in the amount of money that Vick has made or will make that it's clouding all reasonable thought. He ran an illegal gambling ring and went to jail for it. He has done his time and paid the debt to society that he was sentenced to do. Leave the man alone. If he wants to play football and a team wants him, what difference should it make to any of us? Cheer for him or throw stones, let each fan decide, but let him play.

It is a game people. He isn't teaching our kids, leading our country, or performing surgery.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I believe that he did his time, whether it was enough or not. Let him play. He won't make nearly as much as he used to; changing the lavish lifestyle he had. Not to mention to the glory of his reputation. I think his playing after all that is said and done is punshiment enough. Leave him alone...

·
Nittany Lion
4,277 Posts
People are so caught up in the amount of money that Vick has made or will make that it's clouding all reasonable thought. He ran an illegal gambling ring and went to jail for it. He has done his time and paid the debt to society that he was sentenced to do. Leave the man alone. If he wants to play football and a team wants him, what difference should it make to any of us? Cheer for him or throw stones, let each fan decide, but let him play.

It is a game people. He isn't teaching our kids, leading our country, or performing surgery.
You are totally fucking wrong my friend. Yes it is a game and He Is teaching our kids. There are young black kids all over the country growing up in ghettos that will want, if they already haven't, immulate his life style and behavior. Being a piece of shit, thug, gang banger. Weather people like it or not, he is on stage for kids to look at and want to be like. Because he is a football player, black kids would rather look up to him, than let's say Barrack Oboma ( However the hell you spell it, lol ! ) And that's the way it is, instead of looking up to a positive figure.

·
Nittany Lion
4,277 Posts
I am curious. How long should he have served? I'm not being a [email protected], but I see this said quite often when discussing Vick. I'm truly curious.
Let's put it this way my friend. And let me ask you a question. If it were you or I conspiring an illegal gambling ring with other wanted criminals, killing endless creatures to watch them suffer, drugs being involved. All this after the fact that it was well known that this man was going down the wrong path and developing a bad rep prior to this happening. How long do you think you or I would spend in the pokey ? I can tell ya this much, it wouldn't be 2 fucking years. Nor, when you or I got out, would our previous job be available with open arms. So get that. And I am not being a smartass either, just telling you like it is. What don't people get about that point ? And by no means, am I an animal activist or not understanding he did his time and payed for it. As much as a price he payed, it was hardly a slap on the wrist due to such a short time in jail and the opportunity to make back a large chunk in which he already lost. And like someone already said, if it were you or I, we still wouldn't be driving a Range Rover and living in multi million dollar home. We would be cleaned the fuck out and living at home with our mothers. This punk should be flipping burgers. He had a golden lifestyle, but like all other punks they think they are above the law, above reality and every other citizen that works hard in this country and the price they would have payed if it were one of them. I hope I answered your curiosity. Pete Rose got kicked out of baseball for life for being involved in a gambling ring, never to be allowed to return or make a red cent from Major League Baseball. And sad enough, rightfully so. Why, Michael Fucking Vick ? Mike Vick has everthing to thank to Tony Dungy. Who does happen to be a black man to look up to and be respected. If it weren't for Tony living life the way we all should and respected as a result. Vick would be eating blocks of cheese.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I wonder how these guys who were rescued from his home feel about his time served. I hope on his first play back he gets hit so hard he breaks his neck and and is paralyzed for life

·
Registered
49 Posts
You are totally fucking wrong my friend. Yes it is a game and He Is teaching our kids. There are young black kids all over the country growing up in ghettos that will want, if they already haven't, immulate his life style and behavior. Being a piece of shit, thug, gang banger. Weather people like it or not, he is on stage for kids to look at and want to be like. Because he is a football player, black kids would rather look up to him, than let's say Barrack Oboma ( However the hell you spell it, lol ! ) And that's the way it is, instead of looking up to a positive figure.
I can't disagree with you at all on this point.

This leads back to the age old discussion of "are athlete's role models?". I am a firm believer that a job or position in society should not grant anyone the title of role model. The individual should be the role model because of their actions, not their place in life. This applies to athletes, doctors, politicians, lawyers, teachers, etc. There are scum of the earth in every area of life.

We need to educate our kids and inform them better so that they no longer choose their role models based on their place in life.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
16 Participants
V2rider
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing