Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I guess I am picking at my bike, but it has a lot of motor vibration in the bars. After long rides it tends to cause my hands to fall asleep. I say it is motor vibe, cause it isn't a wobble, it is vibe and it increases with rpm. It has stock grips and I think I will put gel grips on it. Is there anything else I can do and does anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
DON'T do this in traffic, but if your on a long ride, just open and close your fist a minute on your left, then use it to hold the throttle while you do the same on your right hand... Just do that whenever they start to feel that way and it'll bring 'em right back around... Also, make sure your gloves aren't too tight... And make sure your riding position is good... You shouldn't really have any weight at all on your hands.. Your abs / back should be supporting your body... Your hands should just be lightly gripping the bars, not supporting your weight... Last but not least, try to keep your forearms parallel to the ground, that'll make sure your elbows stay bent and relaxed... Otherwise, if none of that is the problem, yeah, it's probably just the vibration and you just need to stretch your hands now and then...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts