Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know why but when i go on the highway these days and get pass around 120 km...and hammer it.... the bikes vibrates alot...the handlebar is not shaking but it seems to vibrate much more than before..not very smooth.
anyone know what is wrong...maybe its nothing but I a am abit concern specially when i am dinking my girlfriend around.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Ahhh, the vibration monster has reared it's ugly head...
Here's a few things to check;
Tire balance
Carb synchronization
Chain condition

And I've got another weird one, my bike would not vibrate when the tank was full, but as it got close to empty, vibes like crazy. When it's full, the weight of the gas acts as a damper.
Also, the chain developed a tight spot, I couldn't feel it till I hit like 130 mph.

·
Registered
241 Posts
You might want to check your steering head bearrings or check if the steering head lock nut under the Top clamp; sometimes they get loose..

Front & rear tire pressure.

Good luck

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
yeah i had crap in my carbs not long ago, bike running crap, lots of vibration at 100km/h.. had them cleaned as much as possible, running alot better now (but believe there maybe some small solid matter in passageway etc in the carbs..

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmmmmmm i see....well i know its not my chain cause its only 3 weeks old....but the bike does need a synco i'm waiting for the tools to arrive ...and yes it was nearly empty tank when i notice it so that could be it....do i need the tools to sync the throttle body...and how do you check if the tire is balance or not....do you mean checking the chain tightener..cause i'm sure its where it should be.
damn i'm getting sick of this old dinosaur...but i'm stuck with it for a while....

tanx for the tip guys...! appreciate it

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Uhmmm... When was the last oil change???

John

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
you changed the brake pads recently ? i noticed with HH's you get more vibes....bring on the gel grips

1 - 9 of 9 Posts