Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
vibration in \'05 1000?

Has anyone noticed excessive engine vibration in their new bike? Picked mine up yesterday. Noticed marked vibration entering around 4500 rpm through bars and seat. Rather unpleasant, and disappointing since my previous thousands had none of this.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Re: vibration in \'05 1000?

Mine has the same thing. Some said yesterday that you might need to get the clutch cable adjusted.

·
Registered
50 Posts

Posted this last week

Squid

Reged: 04/14/04
K5 Engine Harmonics?
#1481326 - 04/03/05 09:49 PM Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply

Just wanted to see if anybody else is having a little more than usual engine hamonics coming thru the gas tank between 5500 and 7500? I spoke with my brother who also has a 05 and he is having the same thing @ around the same RPM. We both came off 03 1000's and the 05 seems to have a little more thru the tank area. Need some feed back.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

my k3 1000 had virtually no vibration, my k4 600 had alot which i guess is to be expected, no engine balancer and a just generally buzzier 600... i'd say my K5 1000 falls between the two, smoother than my 600 but puts my hands asleep faster than my K3

·
Registered
165 Posts

My K5 is much smoother than my K4 was. I can ride the K5 all day long with no problems, which wasn't the case with the K4.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

exact opposite for me... but could be height, arm/leg length, riding position, a whole mix of things that could i guess make the K3/K5 better or worse for some

·
Registered
1,985 Posts

Not a joke. Look at the 01 and 02....they aren't exactly the same, minor changes. Same for the 03 and 04.

There will be minor changes in the 06. So in 06 you can look at all the minor changes, decide if you want to pay more for an 06 or buy a leftover 05.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

they aren't exactly the same, minor changes. Same for the 03 and 04.
only change was the brake pads/calipers just so they could use the same pads for the 600 750 and 1000, it was actually a step backwards in performance... they never really do updates to fix little bugs unless its something like borderline recall... 06 will be the same, some new colors, no new improved mirrors, no new improved vibration dampening system, you can quote me on that and pull this thread up when the 06's get released

·
Registered
888 Posts

it seems to me we are just not satisfied with anything as a humans...we always want bigger better...but i guess thats how we got the k5 to began with!! so i guess its ok

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Haven't had the bike out for a good ride yet--but have few more miles on it and either I am getting more comfortble with the vibes or they are lessening a little. At any rate, I am really impressed with this bikes handling finess and nimbleness. Tomorrow--the medium speed turns on the Crest and those higher speed sections on Lower and Upper Big Tujunga. Then an honest assessment.

·
Registered
961 Posts

When it vibrates you may want to balance the throttle bodies. I carefully adjusted the throttle bodies myself (I don't trust grease monkeys) and my bike runs so smoothly now as if powered by an electric motor. She even idles now solid as a rock at only 900 rpm. No fluctuations whatsoever.

·
Registered
919 Posts

ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh u make me long for home kg1 - i lived in La Crescenta/Montrose when i had my american flag cbr929 - i wish my '05 could get some Crest time...

oh - back on topic - i have also noticed the vibes - they're all over the place, but not serious enough to get my attention unless i'm just dulling through traffic. dont worry - be happy - put enough miles on your k5 that you dont care anymore

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

I have had it up to 175mph and felt no vibration at all...
the vibration i'm talking about isn't like an out of balance wheel which would get worse the faster you go... i mean like buzzing that puts your hands to sleep when your cruising on the highway

·
Banned
14,060 Posts

My 04 750 vibrated much like my 05 1K does. The 750 just does it at a different RPM range.

I switched to Spider Grips on my 750 and will be switching on my 05 1K as they greatly reduced the vibration I felt in my hands.

So far I am very happy with my 05 1k so I do not let the vibration bother me. In my opinion it is a small price to pay for the level of performance our bikes have reached.

Though I can see how it could irritate some.

·
Registered
179 Posts

How were those spider grips. Were they real mushy? I tried some grips on my 1000RR but they were real mushy and really made a big difference in handling sharpness. I didn`t leave them on long enough to adjust to them though.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts