Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i have a 2000 gsxr-750 and it is vibrating when i pull the clutch in and start to rev it, it will vibrate everytime i rev over 4k rpm weather i am moving or standing still, in nutural or in gear, the higher i rev the more it vibrates. it has 28k miles on it and has never been raced or downed. it started 3 weeks back when i was gonna clutch it up to do a wheelie.........new clutch in about 2k miles ago (3mos) and new stator in about 2500 miles ago (4mos). i do oil changes about every 2k miles and i just drained it to see if there were any shavings on the oil pan bolt (magnetic). my friend just did a compression ck and a throtle sync on it yesterday and it read from right to left 150,150,140,120 on the compression. all four plugs spark. the bike still runs really strong, but the exhaust has a more baffle noise to it now than how it did before (yosh pipe), it just doesnt seem as smooth.........can anybody give me any clues to what it might be? thx in advance, john

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
Sounds like a blown clutch basket, I blew mine once and it did the same thing. Take off your clutch cover and look

·
Registered
251 Posts
if its not the clutch basket check this....that one cyl at 120 sounds like you might have a issue there its off from the others did you do an oil test?? maybe your valves need to be adjusted....I would do another comp test then put a little oil in the holes and test it again.. if you get the same readings then i would check your valve adjustment its easy to check a pain to adjust...that bike needs the valves adjusted evey 15,000 i belive (I check and adjust mine every year check the book) my 2 cents good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts