Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
2019 Suzuki Gsxr 1000
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed/tested these velocity stacks? MWR, carbon smith, motomaxx carbon fiber, billet lightweight aluminum? If so, what were the differences? And is it really worth it? Also had someone tell me they cut the stock ones a little and reformed them and got a steady 2hp gain from 9-14rpm

· Registered
GSX-R750
287 Posts
Yeah velocity stacks are a fine tuning item that allow you to redistribute your powerband a bit. The length affects where you get it. Stock, most motors come with 2 long and 2 short stacks to make friendly power all around.

If you're looking for a quick hp gain, do an ECU flash/tune.

-Mike

· Premium Member
7,861 Posts
but you can get a set of billet aluminum for busa from the tuner guy for $500 a set... best qui8ck HP mod is new oil good filter anda premium synthetic race oil, most all are good motorcycle specific, $10 a quart+ sure but worth it, then a new set of laser iridiums, thena brand new 520 chain kit and new wheel bearings if you r bike is oldish orbeen in a lot of water so forth, then light wheels, rotors so forth, make what already have work better, gear to, invest in real good gear from the street up..

· Registered
257 Posts
Check out Sylvain guintoli’s latest YouTube video on this very subject. Auto adjustable stacks which gave him a 5hp gain at the top end but a stronger pull right through the rev range. Very clever piece of kit. No idea on price though :)

· Registered
2019 Suzuki Gsxr 1000
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah velocity stacks are a fine tuning item that allow you to redistribute your powerband a bit. The length affects where you get it. Stock, most motors come with 2 long and 2 short stacks to make friendly power all around.

If you're looking for a quick hp gain, do an ECU flash/tune.

-Mike
Flash and tune have already been done. And 520 conversion, lightweight rear disc, lithium battery (waiting for delivery) and so now I’m thinking I’ll try the carbon smith velocity stacks… 🤔

· Premium Member
1,584 Posts
If you get the velocity stacks, get a new custom tune. Remove your secondary butterflies if your bike is equipped with them.
not necc. i have done countless amounts of testing with different stacks between all that are currently available there is no significate difference in the tune for any of them - the best stacks by far are MWR for a gain across the entire range
ALL of the other stacks there is a loss of some type below 12k (unless you run MR12 there has been issues with the material )

jason

· Registered
2019 Suzuki Gsxr 1000
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
not necc. i have done countless amounts of testing with different stacks between all that are currently available there is no significate difference in the tune for any of them - the best stacks by far are MWR for a gain across the entire range
ALL of the other stacks there is a loss of some type below 12k (unless you run MR12 there has been issues with the material )

jason
Well damn I ordered the carbon smith. Can I return them? 😜

· Registered
2019 Suzuki Gsxr 1000
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

jason
Can you post the chart?

· Registered
2019 Suzuki Gsxr 1000
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the info friend. I went with the MWR and it definitely made a difference. I got 5-6 hp more from 13-14rpm. And the rest of the band was about 2-3 hp. God bless and ride safe.

· Registered
2019 Suzuki Gsxr 1000
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Has anyone tried or tested the Turn 13 Motorsports Stacks? Nice price point and i have heard of a few people using them.
My buddy is a tech/tuner and he’s tested a lot of stacks. And told me the Venturisystems Racing Billet Velocity Stacks, Suzuki GSXR1000 (17-21) and the MWR were top 2. He said carbon smith was also good. If I were you I wouldn’t go cheap. You always get what you pay for.

· Registered
70 Posts
Jason, it's funny that you're the ONLY person who has ever not found power with my (CarbonSmith) velocity stacks, yet you don't show the AFR values to prove that you tuned them correctly. Also you never tried the dimpled stacks to be fair. There are plenty of videos on youtube of live tuning demonstrations that show my stacks are better than MWR, Turn13, and stock all from independent customers and their chosen tuners and not just the GSXR1000, but all of the bikes that I make them for. I spend a lot of time using CFD analysis and real world testing on everything I sell before I sell it to make sure it's the best possible product that I can deliver. I always stand behind my products, and if they don't work for you, please return them for a full refund.

2022 Hayabusa Velocity Stacks PROBLEM SOLVED!

· Premium Member
1,584 Posts
Jason, it's funny that you're the ONLY person who has ever not found power with my (CarbonSmith) velocity stacks, yet you don't show the AFR values to prove that you tuned them correctly. Also you never tried the dimpled stacks to be fair. There are plenty of videos on youtube of live tuning demonstrations that show my stacks are better than MWR, Turn13, and stock all from independent customers and their chosen tuners and not just the GSXR1000, but all of the bikes that I make them for. I spend a lot of time using CFD analysis and real world testing on everything I sell before I sell it to make sure it's the best possible product that I can deliver. I always stand behind my products, and if they don't work for you, please return them for a full refund.

2022 Hayabusa Velocity Stacks PROBLEM SOLVED!
i am not the only one - just the only one that doesn't care if people get butt hurt.
i have tons of DMs of people that are disappointed when they spend the money for them and they listened to You Tube (you can make anything look good to the camera).

to be fair - the dimpled stacks were not available when i tested them - i purchased all 3 with my own money - no one gave me them to test - so it was totally unbiased - unlike some of the above tests - there job is to sell you parts - the difference is i don't need to sell you parts

also the afr was adjusted - but there is almost no difference in afr between stacks -

you use You tube for credibility - i rely on my self and my happy customers for mine.....

jason

1 - 20 of 24 Posts