Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I have already written about this mod, but I think not in that section. No one supported the conversation -

I want to report some points about the revision, as promised.
I was worried that the ABS plastic would be unstable to fuel vapors - the mileage was about 800-1000 km, everything is good.
There are no visual damages or deformations.

As for the dynamics-no failures, it goes perfectly.

At this stage, I configure the AFR mix using the HEALTECH program and the alpha broadband sensor.

I open programs on my laptop, connect USB , put them in my briefcase and drive 4-5 gears ( 2 and 3 groups of ignition )

Tried to configure AFR 13.5 but as the posts and tips of people show you need to do 13.1 .

After the settings, I will visit Dino and, if the topic is interesting to you, I will continue it.

Help, in what section should I write ? I am from Russia and I have difficulties with translation!

video in Russian language, turn on subtitles and translation.

Peace and health to all!
Good luck!

Attachments

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
8,307 Posts
Graves sells a variable intake system for the R6 and possibly other Yamahas. You can't see it in the pics but what I noticed in person were the layers on the stacks, which indicated that they were 3D printed. So there is some sort of material that is suitable for this.

It occurs to me that this could be done for our bikes. The linkage could be moved by a small stepper motor that is controlled by an Arduino that reads the tach signal. Note that the low RPM "closed" configuration is 2 short/2 long rather than all long.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Graves sells a variable intake system for the R6 and possibly other Yamahas. You can't see it in the pics but what I noticed in person were the layers on the stacks, which indicated that they were 3D printed. So there is some sort of material that is suitable for this.

It occurs to me that this could be done for our bikes. The linkage could be moved by a small stepper motor that is controlled by an Arduino that reads the tach signal. Note that the low RPM "closed" configuration is 2 short/2 long rather than all long.
Looks rather "thought on" than "thought out"
I wonder what it does to the airflow having those things hover above the intake

·
8,307 Posts
In the US, Graves is to Yamaha what Yoshimura is to Suzuki, i.e. they're top level players with quality products. I don't know if this is OEM or not but here's an R1 system:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In the US, Graves is to Yamaha what Yoshimura is to Suzuki, i.e. they're top level players with quality products. I don't know if this is OEM or not but here's an R1 system:
Factory version R1 2008. All these are complex mechanisms . Not in terms of manufacturing, but in terms of adjustment

·
8,307 Posts
Off-hand, your stacks seem to offer little beyond the OEM short stacks. However if you could recreate the Yoshimura 765-506-0200 dual stacks, you might have something. A quick search shows them (two dual stacks) currently selling for between $630 and $850.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I flash the ecu on 4 identical fuel cards for each cylinder. And the ignition cards are also the same in all cylinders. So I tried equal length air pipes. If someone can measure the yoshimura stacks I will be grateful! I will make and share a 3D model!

·
8,307 Posts
I'm not sure that anyone here ever used the Yoshimura stacks. Cougar Red copied them and some here used them. Do an advanced search for +cougar +red in the 1000 forums and you'll get a bunch of hits. Some liked them and some didn't. The topic has been dormant since 2014.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not sure that anyone here ever used the Yoshimura stacks. Cougar Red copied them and some here used them. Do an advanced search for +cougar +red in the 1000 forums and you'll get a bunch of hits. Some liked them and some didn't. The topic has been dormant since 2014.

Great! Thanks! I will try to find new information.
Yesterday I set the AFR to 13.1 : 1 . It seems to go worse than at 12.8

1 - 9 of 9 Posts