Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to know what you guys think about the Vance & Hines Power pack as opposed to the Dyna 2000 Ignition for our oil-cooled Bikes??? Is one better than the other???? Does one have more features than the other????

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thank,

JDB1371

·
Registered
178 Posts
J.D., i believe the dyna 2000 is a better ignition. i have tryed them both and you get more features with the dyna. the v&h powerpack plugs into your existing ignition box wiring. the dyna 2000 comes with a pickup plate and the new ignition box. the dyna has five advance curves and has different cylinder timing. for the money, i believe you would be better off with the dyna.
of course, this is my opinion and i could be wrong...

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I have the powerpack but the dyna gives more features. I am planning on getting a dyna in the near future. The dyna has more bang for the buck.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
JD.. I have Dyan 2000's on both of my GSXR's and love them! I like the stand alone feature. Also has more features than the V&H.
Bones

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
i have a dyna 2000 and a good feature is the timing retard ...good for the nitrous as a safety feature!! dont know if that helps mike

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by J.D.:
Wanting to know what you guys think about the Vance & Hines Power pack as opposed to the Dyna 2000 Ignition for our oil-cooled Bikes??? Is one better than the other???? Does one have more features than the other????

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thank,

JDB1371
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Are they interchangeable from 750 to 1100???

Anybody got a Dyna 2000 in good shape for sale????

Let me know..

JDB1371

·
Registered
398 Posts
For a basic bike the Power Pac is a good set up, has some good features, and works well. Now for performance I reccomend the Dyna 2000 with the 4000 pickup. It will grow with your bike if you plan on upgrading later. If your a racer then your set to use Dyna's other products down the road. We use and like the Dyna, but you really need to decide what YOU want from your bike and which set up offers you the features you want. Look at features, cost, flexabilty, etc. Best of luck!

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Dyna 2000. And from what I've seen, I have to agree with Phat on the 4000 pickup. Looks like its much better finished etc.

V&H were sorta the first kids on the block. Their treefort leaked, so customers got really pissed. The dummies didn't fix it, so it left a gaping hole in the market for companies like Dyna to fill.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by PhatBastardDesigns:
For a basic bike the Power Pac is a good set up, has some good features, and works well. Now for performance I reccomend the Dyna 2000 with the 4000 pickup. It will grow with your bike if you plan on upgrading later. If your a racer then your set to use Dyna's other products down the road. We use and like the Dyna, but you really need to decide what YOU want from your bike and which set up offers you the features you want. Look at features, cost, flexabilty, etc. Best of luck!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">PhatBastardDesigns,

Do you have a website or a phone number??? Would like to talk to you about some of your custom stuff you got going.

Thanks for the advice also.

JDB1371

1 - 12 of 12 Posts