Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Valvoline oil good?

17K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  Inhalation2 
#1 ·
Hi guys, Bought some oil today for an oil change. I wanted Mobil 1 4t synthetic but advanced auto parts only had 3 quarts and Walmart didn't even have any...i live in the middle of bum-fuck no where so instead of making a trip to auto zone i just bought some Valvoline 4t 10w40 full Synthetic..guy gave me a discount 5.99 a quart from 9.99....Anyone ever use this stuff before? is it better or worse than Mobil 1?:scratch

#19 ·
I can remember when full synthetic oil pretty much hit the market. Everyone and their brother heavily advised against using it. Saying it would make the clutch slip. I have used it for a long time without any rememberance of one single slip. Now, everyone insists on using it. Just funny, how that went from one end of the spectrum to the other over the years.

#22 ·
Oil is too heavy, so I dont even use oil, I just run water. Water allows my engine to work less. and increases my horse power by 17.4%!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.