Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished checking my valve clearances. My feeler gauge sucks and I can only get a few different measurements when I add gauges together. Anyways, on my intake I started out by sticking a .20 in there which is the loosest setting in the book. .20 wouldn’t fit, so I know it wasn’t too loose. Then I stuck a .178 in there and it fit snug so I’m sure it’s very close to that. My 3rd cylinder intake measured .165 which was the tightest one. I did the same on the exhaust. Stuck a .30 and it didn’t fit, stuck .241 and it fit snug. The 3rd cylinder on the exhaust measured .229 which was the tightest.

Now for my question... if the tightest setting on exhaust is .200, how long should I be good to roll with it at .229? Should I shim it while I’m already in there, or ride out since it’s still within spec?

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In spec is in spec. Don't overthink it.

But why ides it look like your bike is leaning WAY over?
That’s kind of what I figured. I’ll probabky check it again way before the recommended interval. Thanks for the reply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
agove
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing