Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was just wondering if some one could let me know what the intake and exhaust valves should be adjusted too on my 88 GSXR 750?

I am looking at doing this before I start riding her again.

Any other tips of other maintenance to do while i'm in there would be appreciated too!

Thanks,

Jason

·
Super Moderator
17,289 Posts
IN & EX... 0.10-0.15 mm (0.004-.006 in)
When cold...
If you want the full 88 7fitty manual from Suzuki send me ur address an I'll get u a copy out today...

·
Super Moderator
17,289 Posts
hey klipsch..U ever have a problem with backfiring?? Let me know..I gotta an '88 7fitty

·
Registered
434 Posts
Would suggest you tighten up the tolerance to .004 to .0045 I know my 86 runs a lot better when I take the time to do a better valve set than the factory wider tolerance. I make sure that is not tighter than the .004 ie .0035 is not acceptable.

·
Super Moderator
17,289 Posts
It backfired twice at 80-90 mph at about 7k rpms. and both times on small bumps in the road..AT same speed on smooth roads nada....And at high speed but low rpm's nada...I posted this ???? in "Bike talk" and got a few responses.....

·
Registered
219 Posts
Originally posted by doug:
Would suggest you tighten up the tolerance to .004 to .0045 I know my 86 runs a lot better when I take the time to do a better valve set than the factory wider tolerance. I make sure that is not tighter than the .004 ie .0035 is not acceptable.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'd go to the tight side,
it'd be that much longer 'till the next adjustment.

·
Registered
171 Posts
For the back fire-

Check the side stand swithc: Put your bike on a rear stand and see if the kick stand is "loose" if it is there are three fixes

1) Disconnect the side stand switch - just connect the two wires.
2) Get a stronger spring
3) Spend the $110.00 for a new kick stand.

David

1 - 14 of 14 Posts