Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Hiya Klipsch,

If you're looking at the same item I'm looking at, it's for water-cooled gixxers, and I don't think it will work for the oil/air cooled ones.

I also found this:
-----------------------------
VANCE & HINES
POWERPAK

A rev-limiter, advancer and ignition booster all in one. Rider or tuner can set the ignition curve and rev-limiter. Built-in ignition booster is an added benefit to the package. Powerpak ignition box is fully adjustable for up to 16 different performance conditions. Beautifully machined aluminum box with plug-in connectors matched perfectly to the machine's stock wiring harness. Includes complete users manual. Call for applications.
PS654 $285.50-$347.99 PIC
-------------------------------
on this site:
http://www.summitcycles.com/streetelect.htm

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I don't think it will work. Since the 89 is a short stroke and the 91 is a long stroke I think there will be timming issues.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
As long as it is for a A/O motor it should work. My Dyna 2000 fit all A/O engines from 85-92 to include the later Bandits.
Bones

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
that's a nice 750 you've got there.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I don't know if anyone here had a good expirience with a V&H power pack, but I had one one on my 90 750 and it was a nightmare. Broke down twice , ( no spark ) sent it back to V&H both times , they serviced the unit each time and it kept breaking. Local guys told me to get rid of it when I bought the bike , but I had to learn the hard way.

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
turbinator, i had the same experience as you with the powerpaks. in my case, it turned out to be condensation that caused the powerpak to stop working. after a while, the condensation would dry up and it would work again. i was never able to find a fix for that.

the first time it happened (and before i knew that it was due to condensation), i sent it back to vance & hines and they said there was nothing wrong with it. when i got it back from them, they had dumped hot glue over almost every component inside......well, if there was nothing wrong with it, why'd they do that? i suspect that they knew about condensation issues with their powerpaks.

it's too bad all that hot glue didn't help....

[ 03-17-2002, 07:56 AM: Message edited by: jeff ]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts