Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I actually have both units.. ran the d&d slip-on and had it dyno tuned last year at around 94hp.. This year I picked up a V&H ss2r full system and put it on. What I can tell so far is that is so much more quiet. the powerband is pretty smooth still but it seems like the notorious 4-5k rpm stumble has rear it's ugly head again. I reallly don't want to spend more $$$ on dynoing it again. What I'm asking is for some suggestions or comments on which one would make more power?? the full system is nice(and quiet) but I believe it has a triple chamber in the muffler, whereas the d&d is a straight through slip-on.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
My bike's dynoed with 94hp

Jet kit, K&N, and a local brand slip-on [came with bike]

I used to have a stumble, but after dyno-tuning she's smooth everywhere
well, except below 3000rpm, but that's not unusual.

I did get jerkiness in below 6000rpm when my chain was on the way out.

KaTz

·
Registered
67 Posts
My Gixxer dyno'ed at 98 hp. I fitted a full V&H SS2-R, Dynojet Kit and K&N filter. It is smooth throughout the rev range. The flat spot at 6K rpm is gone.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you used a K&N and got a smooth curve??? so WLF I'm guess the SS2R makes some pretty decent gains then...

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
one of the m/c magazines i have tested 12 exhaust systems on a gsx-r750 and the v&h system showed NO horse power gain...(these were full systems)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I gained about 4 hp from standard bike to bike with V&H, Jet kit and K&N. I am not sure how much the V&H contributed. What I like is the fact that the bike is smooth from low revs to redline. Also there is much more pull at 6000 rpm in 6th gear. I didn't change the gearing, it is still standard. I think at the end it is comes down to price. Here in South Africa, due to our weak currancy, the Yoshi and Akrapovic systems is just to expensive.

The previous reply mentioned a test with 12 different pipes on a GSX-R750. Could you please give us more details on that review or mag?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WLF: is it possible to tell me if the K&N help?? I'm wondering because all the suzuki dealers here and a lot of people on this board says that it puts too many dips in the dyno curve.. If it helps I'll just buy a k&N before I re-dyno this bike with the v&h system.. or I may just say screw it and sell the system and put my D&D back on...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Iodown: I'm not sure if the K&N helped. I decided to buy a K&N due to the ease of cleaning and re-usebility. I hope this answers your question.

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
the october 1999 isue of sportrider was the issue that had a full on test of 12 exhaust on a gsx-r750..the v&h had a 0 horspower gain..others were from 4-8 horsepower gain..

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
67 Posts
Is it possible to give us a web address for the article or could you please e-mail me the report?
Thanx

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
no, wasnt the same test..looks like they used a 93 gixxer..the test i have used a 99-750..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts