Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a couple pics of my 86 1100 with the 95 1100 front end on, swapped out pretty smoothly mounted stock ignition to the 95 triple repainted the the wheel with 1 stage ppg acrylic enamel and fender along with using gold pearl to match the stock paint color. Still have to paint and swap out the rear wheel but should be ready for a test ride by spring ! Hope you like the pics and of couse this would not have been possible without the support of this site !

Attachments

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
Looks awesome. :cool

Do you have the paint code for the red? That match looks spot on in the pictures.

·
Premium Member
6,964 Posts
NICE job moontower. That looks great man. GOOD work dude. Very good job on the paint work. Props!!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its a tight fit with the clipons and controls but they do clear .

The mirror stay is close but does not leave any room for lowering, it looks like a w/c mirror stay could work but i don't have any measurements of one.

I had the red matched to my solo seat cowl and was a pretty close match but i really wanted it to look like the stock paint so i had to add gold pearl which is very minimal in the stock paint.

Robben, I could look at the paint can to see if the mixing codes are on it but it was a custom match so i don't have any factory codes.

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
I think I'll be getting a custom paint mix too, so anything off the can would be a start for them in figuring it out. If it's ppg, I think there's a supplier for that over in the city. Thanks for any help... :cool

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys I have a 1988 gsxr 750 with an 1100 swap and would like to do a front end swap to give me a little more clearance kinda of like the gsxr 1100 with the top mounted handlebars. Any ideas on a straight swap with a newer front end.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Are you using an all balls conversion kit for the triple? I've never seen that top tree before - who makes that? Nice!

·
Premium Member
381 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Are you using an all balls conversion kit for the triple? I've never seen that top tree before - who makes that? Nice!

Yes, had to swap out the upper bearing to use the late model GSXR triples with the Ohlins FGRT 205 forks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts