Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. The newbie needs more help. I am looking at buying some USD forks for my 88. Is this a worthwile mod? Or, is just doing the Racetech kit enough on my old ones? If I use USD's, can I use my old Calipers? How much is a complete front end from a 94-95 worth? I'm a svelt 260lbs. Sorry for all the questions. I just want to put my money in the right places for my baby. Thanks!

My baby

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
you will also need to get the triple clamps off the newer bike as well, since the inverted forks won't go into your stock triple clamps.

depending on which upside down forks you're getting and what condition they're in, it's possible that a revalved stock fork might actually work better for you.....or at the very least, cost you less money.

i believe you can reuse your stock calipers.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jeff. It's a complete front end off of a 95 GSX-R750 minus calipers. but brakelines, trees, speedo hookup, etc is all there and in mint condition. What's something like that worth? I wouldn't have a problem just ordering the the racetech kit tailored to my weight if it was worth it. I figger I can get this front end for $400 or less.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again! Hopefully it works out. I'm trying to get the racetech kit for my rear too. I'm actually kinda excited. My exhaust will be in tomorrow, and we'll be starting her up for the first time since I bought her.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, the exhaust and clutch did show up today. I am hoping it will all go in today and be ready to fire up tomorrow. Still a bunch more work to go, but the major part is done. Whew!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I just installed a 93 750 front end on my 89 750. I had to grind off the steering stops and add one to the front like the old bottom tripple. The front wheel and calipers are the same but you will need the axel from the new front end.I bought mine from EBAY for 245.00. Well worth it in the poser factor.The rake steepened up a bit and that helps me since I have a 95 1100 swingarm on the bike.It is about 3 inched longer than stock. And be sure to get the handle bars too.The 1100 bolts to the top of the tree and the 750 bolts to the bottom

·
Registered
0 Posts
Sling shot I'll make you a sweet deal on a 95 usd front end I have everything you need including bars , clamps , axle front wheel I mean everything including master cylinder six piston calipers both clamps etc etc.
209-526-5070 go to items for sale and look for "I HATE MONEY"

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Hope this helps for perspective...

$400 for a pair of NIB '94-750 Showa legs
$65 for pair of 6 piston calipers-ebay
$85 for clip-ons, grips, barends, throttle, controls and choke from '94 750-ebay
$20 for front axle and upper of triple clamp
$293 for lower triple with bearings(I waited 8 months for one to come by on ebay so I bought it from the dealer, now there's three up for auction)
$30 for '95 1100 fender-ebay
$90 to get it repainted white
$150 for AP brake lever with magnesium lever
$20 for master cylinder rebuild kit
$200 for 17" front wheel- freshly powder coated white-ebay
$120 for NIB EBC rotors-yahoo auctions

It adds up pretty quickly. I don't advise keeping the receipts in an area your wife/person that contols the money might find.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts