Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Suzuki GSXR750
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been over 3 years since I've rode, and I've finally got enough $$ to scratch my itch and get back on the road!

2001 Suzuki GSXR750
PROBLEMS: bike hasn't been started in over 3 years - needs battery, new clutch cable & front brake line... & obviously, all around tune up.

Yes, I know the basics of the mechanic world (mostly trucks) and my mentor & I are no longer speaking so I do not have ANY knowledge to fix these things on my own. My bike has been modified though - 9 inch stretch on it, and seriously torqued up - I'm not just a street rider, but I enjoy dragging. I am not a pro - have only been riding since '12 - but hopefully you can understand the "UGH" feeling I get by just searching for some random repair shop on Google or whatever. How will I know these guys ACTUALLY know what they're doing?

MAIN POINT - I know I can cover the cost of the parts needed - it's a matter of finding a shop that won't **** me by charging $200/hour (or more) for the labor.
I live in Giddings, TX. So, I'm right in between Austin & Houston - Dallas is about a 5 hour drive north - San Antonio is about a 3 hour drive west....
I'm just really hoping someone might have a solid recommendation of a trust-worthy place for me to take my bike into.

I really appreciate your time & would love to hear any suggestions or thoughts y'all might have on the matter.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts