Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really need to upgrade my pads on front and rear of my 2003 1k. This weekend we were riding pretty hard and I pretty much overheated them to the point they would only grab after pulling lever more then 1/2 way. I am getting ready to do a track day next month and know these brakes aren't going to hold up.

thanks
Alain

·
Highly unstable
32,025 Posts
vesrah srjl 17's.. ive run ebc hh, performance friction pf95's sbs greens, and a couple others.. nothing, and i mean nothing has every had the power, and feel of the vesrahs. in my first race weekend last year i went from the pf95's to the vesrah srjl 17s and cut just over a second off my lap time, and that was without changing brake fluid from the previous season and with cooked tires.. so it was all down to the brakes that allowed me to drop my times.. these pads are unbelieveable man. check your pms.

·
Premium Member
41,722 Posts
vesrah srjl 17's.. ive run ebc hh, performance friction pf95's sbs greens, and a couple others.. nothing, and i mean nothing has every had the power, and feel of the vesrahs. in my first race weekend last year i went from the pf95's to the vesrah srjl 17s and cut just over a second off my lap time, and that was without changing brake fluid from the previous season and with cooked tires.. so it was all down to the brakes that allowed me to drop my times.. these pads are unbelieveable man. check your pms.
You know who has the best price of the vesrah srjl 17's?

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
I"m a strong supporter and sponsored rider of Vesrah. I would NOT recommend using the RJL or SRJL on a streetbike. Heat cycling brake pads is the same as tires and these pads are designed for race use.

Try a set of standard Vesrah JL pads available from any Parts-U distributor

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will the Vesrah JL be good enough for both street and track day. I just don't want to be changes pads everytime I go to the track then change them back to ride on street. I was thinking vesrah srjl but dunno/

Alain

·
Highly unstable
32,025 Posts
I"m a strong supporter and sponsored rider of Vesrah. I would NOT recommend using the RJL or SRJL on a streetbike. Heat cycling brake pads is the same as tires and these pads are designed for race use.

Try a set of standard Vesrah JL pads available from any Parts-U distributor
yeah, but your also not going to heat these pads up like you would on the track from street use therefor not exposing them to anywhere near the same amount of heat and therefor cycling.. its just like running a race tire on the street. its always going to offer more traction at any temperature, but your not going to get it nearly hot enough to heat cycle the thing..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts