Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

Hopefully in the next 6 months I'll be upgrading my bike. I had a ninja 250 for a while. I put about 4500 miles on it. It was all city highway and mountain riding everyday. I was originally thinking of getting a fz07 as my next bike but the other day my buddy let me Ride his 06 gsxr 1000. I loved the low end power. And now after riding that I know I'm going to want more then the fz07. The power was crazy but more manageable than I thought it would be. I rode it in the neighborhood highway city and parking lot so it was a good mix of riding. But what do you guys think of going from the 250 to the 1000 or what other bike suggestions do you have?

·
Administrator
15,201 Posts
If the ninja 250 was your first bike, 4500 miles is not nearly enough seat time to jump to a liter bike.

The Fz07 would be a better choice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya. The only reason I started thinking about the liter bike was after riding my friends. I was nervous as hell but it was more manageable then I thought it would be. Where I live is mostly highway riding. But when I go to work I get city and mountain riding. What other bike besides the fz07 would you recommend?

·
Administrator
15,201 Posts
Sport Touring bikes. Check out the Sv650 or 650s also the GSX line of bikes. I'm a little out of touch on what's new and cool but look into other brands sport touring line as well.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Go for the FZ-09 if you want a lot of power but still manageable. The 09 is a wheelie beast so you'll have that low end grunt you recently found.

Don't get a liter bike, just being you can shift doesn't mean you can ride it. Either way you've done some miles, time for a middleweight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts