Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im selling 97 srad 750 forks w/ 91 750 clamps that will bolt onto a 86-95 gsxr 750-1100.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Do the clamps include the top-bottom clamp and stem?
SRAD forks are 43mm right
I have a set of GSXR 1000 gold forks I also have a 92 1100 tripple/ the 750 had smaller forks right
what I am getting at is if I can use the 91 tripple with my 1000 forks I will buy the tripple from you
-Karl

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe they are 43mm. 91 1100 clamps are to big.You need to use 91-95 750 clamps. I will sell the clamps I have. They are from a 91 750. I cant remember if they are chromed or not I have to go to the garage and check. I will be going there tomorow. the 1000 forks are shorter than the 750 forks. If you are using 1100 plastic you will have to use clip ons to space the bars the wright way.

Pete

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
look at the post of my project, I am using TL1000R plasticIgotmybodyhere
-Karl

[ 12-08-2001: Message edited by: KJ1 ]</p>

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The forks shouldnt have a problem fitting. I can sell the clamps for $100 includes shipping.
They are not chrome. The top clamp has a carbon cover.

Pete

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Deal email me and we will work out the specifics
-Karl

·
Registered
11 Posts
A little off topic, but what modifications have to be made to the triple clamps to allow use of 96-99 forks, or do you modify the newer triple clamps. I have an entire front clip assembly from a '98 just beggin' to be put on.
It's a'92 750 that I race in a classic series with the CMRA. I would like to go with a newer model fork assembly for weight savings and in the long run it will be easier for me to find spares.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I put a 97 front end on my 86. To do this I made a new stem shaft as the bearings are diff between the two. The 86 uses taped roller bearings the 97 and possibly 96 and newer use axial ball bearings. You also need to make a spacer to go over the shaft to fit the top triple clamp. Biggest pain is the speedo if you want to retain your stock speedo you need a Kawa front wheel and the 320 rotors from a Kawa and the kawa speedo box the ratio is the same as the gixxer. The gixxer rotors are flat not dished and there is no room for the speedo drive, and suzuki never made 320 discs with dished baskets.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I did a couple of searches through the board and found a couple of pretty good technical posts about this.

"Yes if you measure the tubes off of a 96-99 (not sure yet about the 00-01 sizes)with a caliper and the 91-92 clamps they are the same diameter . spacing is the same also for the front wheel with. I also used a 95 lower clamp once but had to modify the steering stops from let to right. Im going to the garage I will check my 1000 to see if the gold forks are the same diameter as the 96-99. When it comes to the suki's I have done a lot of parts swapping and modifiying .The srad forks on a older gixxer look sweet . You will also loose your speedo buy puting this front end on. I was working on using a 96 srad gauge set up but got side traked when my 1000 came in."

The way this post sounds, I should be able to just drop out my old fork tubes and slide in my new ones, without changing my tripple clamps @ all.
That would be nice but if it actually worked out for me, it would be a first. I really hope it's that easy. As far as the speedo goes, racebike = no need.
As a sidenote, the classic class I run in is very competitive but this thing has not disappointed me yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts