Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello my friends , I have GSXR 1000 2012 Year , I have Stock Headlights and its not good enough I am going to upgrade it , need your advice what is better to buy Led or Xenon ? is Bike master good brand for it ? or whats your advice can you tell me the model of prduct which I have to buy to fit on my motorcycle ?

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,844 Posts
There's a product, it's called a halogen bulb. If you want to run HIDs or LED bulbs, you will need to tear apart your headlight, install the required projector, and seal it back up.

·
2 > 4
371 Posts
Your housing is not designed for HID or LED outputs. Both will look bright as fuh from the source, but with a reflector housing, the light will be scattered everywhere and will not provide usable riding light.

If you only ride to starbucks in the daytime and you want your headlights to look "cooler" then go for it..but if you want headlights to umm, light the road, then stay away from HID or LED in reflector housings.

Philips makes a super bright, pretty white, halogen bulb.

Or buy a projector lens, open your headlight housing, custom retrofit the lens in, re-seal housing, purchase a reliable HID kit (not the cheap eBay crap), and you'll be golden. There are a few write-ups on here to help you out.

:cheers

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and this is only for GSXR or its for all motorcycles? as I understand if I will buy even expensive Led light kit for motorcycle , my lamp will stops me because it can not use Led light well am I right ?

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
and this is only for GSXR or its for all motorcycles? as I understand if I will buy even expensive Led light kit for motorcycle , my lamp will stops me because it can not use Led light well am I right ?

All headlights . Headlights are designed for specific bulbs .

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so for example i have Car ML wich manufacturly have Halogens buy if i will install Led or Xennon full kit on it it would be worse and better to stay on Halogens ? or on the cars there is not like in motorcycles?

·
3,844 Posts
so for example i have Car ML wich manufacturly have Halogens buy if i will install Led or Xennon full kit on it it would be worse and better to stay on Halogens ? or on the cars there is not like in motorcycles?
They are all the same. Unless you retrofit a projector, the best bulb is the bulb it came with. People have this fallacious idea that a projector means they can run HIDs or LEDs, but that is only true if the vehicle had that installed. The focal distance for a halogen bulb versus an HID is different and will lead to different distribution of light. Because the HID is situated at a different angle and is further away from the optimal focus point that a halogen is at in the halogen projector housing, it will lead to tons of light spread with horrendous light output.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for information. So now oem bulb is not good i can not see road well at night is there another option to do for better view ? I mean i have to buy halogen bulb but it will shows road better ?

·
2 > 4
371 Posts
There are upgraded halogen bulbs available. They will also be just plug-and-play and will not need extra wiring and a ballast like HID's would. They won't quite give you the blue "HID" look you're going for, but they will be less yellow and more of a true white.

Research these:
Sylvania SilverStar Ultra High Performance
Sylvania SilverStar zXe Halogen
Sylvania XtraVision Halogen
Philips X-treme Vision Halogen
Philips Vision Upgrade Halogen
GE Nighthawk Platinum Halogen

There are reviews and videos of all of these. Find the one the suits you and go for it. And post before and after pictures :cheers

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,636 Posts
I gather that you have H11/H9 for low/high. It's possible to modify a H9 to fit in place of a H11, which will beef up your low. See this. I didn't see anything about fitting a HIR bulb in place of a H9, so that may be a step too far. The candlepowerforums.com tends to be a good source of information.

·
3,844 Posts
Thanks for information. So now oem bulb is not good i can not see road well at night is there another option to do for better view ? I mean i have to buy halogen bulb but it will shows road better ?
1. A replacement bulb is going to be brighter, even if it's OEM. Bulbs wear out over time and become dimmer
2. There are aftermarket halogen bulbs that produce a greater number of lumens or have a different Kelvin range, making them appear more white.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts