Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just fitted braided hoses, braking power is now much stronger, but the bike now has a judder on the brakes through the bars. I assumed the now increased braking force was showing up warped discs that had not shown before, so I replaced them with a pair I had that I know were true from a previous 750, but it is still juddering...there is no pulsing at the lever though, it is a judder through the bars/whole front end.
Head bearings are fine and adjusted OK.
Have re-checked all the caliper bolts etc.
If the wheel is out of balance, could that do it? Maybe the wheel bearings? I am a bit perplexed as all was well before I did the hoses...

What am I missing?

Cheers
Ian

[ 10-13-2002, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: monkeyboy ]

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
if the wheel is bent it would do that as well as if the pads are contaminated. also check to be sure you bleed the lines good enough. if neither of those fix the prob then im stumped

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Pimpin My Gixxer:
if the wheel is bent it would do that as well as if the pads are contaminated. also check to be sure you bleed the lines good enough. if neither of those fix the prob then im stumped
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Pimpin, wheel is fine, pads are brand new, wheel bearings fine, pistons are clean and free, bled the lines (again) and a small bubble came from both calipers on the first squeeze of the lever, then nothing. Unfortunately it is pissing with rain so will have to wait to test to see if it was that simple. Will get the wheel re-balanced tomorrow (new tyre fitted just prior to hoses fitted).

Running out of options, guess I'm left with having the disc run-out tested....I'm gonna look a right twat if it turns out I have switched a slightly warped pair of discs for a hugely warped pair....

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Is it only juddering when you really get on the brakes?? If that is the case then you need to increase the preload on the forks because you are bottoming them out causing them to bounce a bit. I thought my discs were f*cked at a trackday the first time I gave em a good squeeze after the long straight but cranking in the preload cured it

-Spooner

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Originally posted by Spooner:
Is it only juddering when you really get on the brakes?? If that is the case then you need to increase the preload on the forks because you are bottoming them out causing them to bounce a bit. I thought my discs were f*cked at a trackday the first time I gave em a good squeeze after the long straight but cranking in the preload cured it

-Spooner
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">that sounds right... bottoming...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts