Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ask me in the Spring.......... I just put mine there, complete with tag light..... I've got 2 rows of LED's for turn signals.......... I've seen a few guys running them there, so hopefully it's not a problem........ Cheers ! Les

·
Registered
169 Posts
Dependin on the cop at the time. If the plate isn't easily visible they could ticket you for it if they really wanted to, or use it as an excuse to pull you over then go for other things.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Ask me in the Spring.......... I just put mine there, complete with tag light..... I've got 2 rows of LED's for turn signals.......... I've seen a few guys running them there, so hopefully it's not a problem........ Cheers ! Les
I have the same one, here in AB they are illegal because of the spacing between the signal lights and the fact that they are not mounted away from the bike. Never got a ticket for it, but in the CPS blitz every year theres always someone that gets a ticket for having one. Its pretty fuckin lame but whatever, still looks better than stock!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Les that looks really nice dude
It cleans up the lines of the bike nicely.
I think I will go with that setup. I will post pics once it is done.
Let's see who is the first to get a ticket for it

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ha ha , thanks [email protected] ! It was cheap too..... I priced them around here and everyone wanted $300+ for them........ I got this one (it's fibreglass) from a place in Florida (idealcycle.com) for $98 U.S. and they shipped it for $25 and checked it off as a "gift" Paid another $14 at the post office, and here it is ! And as far as getting a ticket.... I'm not REAL worried about it.......... I've got a piece of tin in my wallet that has saved my @ss a few times........ Not that it's a sure thing, but it's worked out for me so far (within reason , of course) Cheers ! Les

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And as far as getting a ticket.... I'm not REAL worried about it.......... I've got a piece of tin in my wallet that has saved my @ss a few times........
OK it looks like I lost that bet. I will be the first to get the ticket, no tin in my wallet

·
Registered
174 Posts
my bud hasn't recieved any bills... going 200 through the cameras works too,as does wheeling through, with the plate mounted there it might catch a cops eye faster though as they look for abstructed plates on the 407, another bud was kicked off for having his tailgate down in his pick-up

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
ahaha a friend of mine told me that trick about the tailgate down, but he said to have some wood hanging off with a red flag, cops can't do shit
, they can warn you maybe but definitely not give you a ticket.

as for wheeling, how the hell am i going to wheelie a 1988 katana, the bitch weighs over 430 pounds! and im learning this summer

·
Registered
174 Posts
sorry didn't see that you had a "can o' tuna" lol, great bike though I had a 89
, even with the wood and the flag they'll still kick you off at the next exit comes down to a trespassing fine, usually its just a warning

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
hahaha... yea but it needs a lot of work i still havent put stabilizer in the tank !!! those carbs are going to be gummy too, it needs a lot of adjustments, man i dont know what to do with it

·
Registered
91 Posts
Good luck in getting the front up on a 600 can -o- tuna!!! if you can you have to post what you did to the bike. Short of droping in a GSX-R 750 in cant see it!!
Good luck!!!
As for the tail i made my own with stainless and was warned once but... the plate was on a 45 degree angle down, on the whole yours is a purchased tail with a lit tag i dont see them having a problem.

·
Registered
91 Posts
nope, did not realize it was the 13th till around 230 this after noon but i have seen a few riders out in the big T.O. ... I unbolted the bottom 2 bolts and gave the plate a slight crease there its kinda out... have not been stoped since

·
Registered
55 Posts
I saw alot of bikes going down Hwy 6 towards dover today during work but the sportbikes were outnumbered 1 to every 100 harleys etc.

·
Registered
511 Posts
My former roomate had that plate set up on his K4. He was ticketed in Ottawa, London, and Kingston with it. finally he broke down and moved the plate up under the tail light.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OUCH!!! Now you tell me

I have almost finshed installing mine. I will keep the stocker just in case.

BTW are we talking $110 tickets?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts