Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
i 2nd that. that undertail is a piece of crap. i ordered a cheap one like that off ebay last year and when i got it the holes didnt even line up, the LEDs were not the color i ordered, was an all around bad time. I packaged it up and sent it back for a refund. Since then, no undertail has grown on me especially after seeing other peoples white tail gixxers like mine FILTHY from road grime and whatnot. stay away from the cheap stuff!

·
Registered
402 Posts
I got the EuroTail from EuroBikes.com...love it and nobody really has it

·
Registered
4 Posts
I boguht my bike with the first mentioned undertail, and the LED's are very bright @ night and during the day, they are decent, you still have to be at least 30 -40 feet behind me to see them with the sun beaming down. i have it in yellow with RED LEDs. My bike is yellow so it has a yellow undertail, only bad thing is that rocks and what not have started causing chips in the undertail, so there are black spots where the tail chipped off, but other than that everything looks and works fine without any problems.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
lambo said:
That looks like Extreme graphics undertail. Just be careful it's not one of those imitation shit.
IMO extreme graphics make one of the best undertail. Fit is nice and fiber glass is thick enough. My only issue is that LED's aren't bright enough.
You can see the LED's at night, but you can't see shit during the day.
I bought a used extreme graphics for dirt cheap and changed out all the LED's to superflux LED's. Much much brighter and didn't have to spend $200 for it.:biggrin
Here's a pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
whered you get the leds? how much and how was installation? i think this is a imitation, but i real like the style of it

·
Registered
254 Posts
yeah piteck products suck. i bought a double bubble windscreen from them and the thing cracked even before i put it on the bike. the windscreen wasn't even symmetrical (one side was more "bubble" than the other side) the only good thing was that they gave me a full refund. i personally thing the hotbodies undertail looks the best and im thinking about getting that one when i have enough money.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-0...011QQitemZ320042835608QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

·
Registered
280 Posts
thanks knocker, will definately try that

24 leds in total right? you didnt really explain the mount processing much, like did you have to cut the led holes bigger or anything?

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
lambo said:
thanks knocker, will definately try that

24 leds in total right? you didnt really explain the mount processing much, like did you have to cut the led holes bigger or anything?
:D Sorry, I guess I really didn't pay attention to that original thread. I didn't realized I'm missing some how to pics.
I basically cut out four rectangular holes to eliminate OEM LED holes all together. Then I used I believe Staples membership card to make strips of plates to make new holes for Superflux LED's. Use dremel to make holes and bondo predrilled plates onto undertail. Do some sanding and painting and you put on your new LED's on Radio shack board.
I forget what i used to hold the LED circuit boards in place, but I think it was heat resistance silicon.
Anyway, here's some more pics.
I don't have pics of LED's on board.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I'm from Queens too, but I doubt I'll have time to show you how especially with my new job. I hardly have time to ride.:hammer
Do it as a winter project and shoot me a pm with any question.
Then I'll critique maybe next season when we can possible meet up for a ride.:cheers

·
Registered
280 Posts
what are the supplies i need exactly? undertail, 24 leds, 2 staples cards? do i need a new led plug/mount thing? never done this or was ever really mechanically inclined. thanks knocker

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.