Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my FSMD in today, and I was wondering if anybody has good detailed directions, hopefully with some pictures, to help me install it. I also need help with the integrator. Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
papa..1st off, make sure you havea dremmel type tool, your going to need it.
1-remove your whole tail section.
2-grab a hammer and break off your cargo hooks, then grind down whatevers left.
3-cut off your trunk space and tail light with dremmel...i had to cut back to where the tool kit latch was..this pic isnt great but u can get an idea of how far back i cut.

from here u just have o line up everything and bolt it up..it took me like 4 hours to do , so be prepared to work..lol

as far as wiring goes..i forget how it went, someone here should have a wiring diagram.

hope this helps alittle sorry its not more detailed but its been a while since i did it.

[ 09-05-2002, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: Psycho1000R ]

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
you may have to drill new holes..i did...go to a honda dealer and get undertail pop rivets for an F4i, thats what i used. or you can just use screws. but you will have to drill into the tail.

[ 09-09-2002, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: Psycho1000R ]

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
where are the best places to drill into the undertail? Do you have any close up pictures of your finished product? Sorry for all the questions, I just dont want to f*ck this one up.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
heres an old pic ...sorry my bro took my digi cam, so this will have to do..

i bolted the 2 near the rear and 1 behind the key hole.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I appreciate the help. How exactly does it bolt up. Do you use the small bolts on the underside of the tail section already?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got it on, but I am not sure if I like the LED's. The turn signal part is only the very inner of the light, I thought it would be a little more noticable. Is this how it is supposed to be, or did I mess something up?

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
well..how'd it come out.... i think i did mine in record time by myself..lol, 1.5 hours..whoohoo..
i just need to put on the intregrator and im totally done..no digi cam though

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Originally posted by papasmurf240:
I got it on, but I am not sure if I like the LED's. The turn signal part is only the very inner of the light, I thought it would be a little more noticable. Is this how it is supposed to be, or did I mess something up?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">you reversed the wires..the inner leds are the running lites..the outter lites are the brake and turn signal lites...just reverse the wires and your golden.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well......it turned out really good, but it took me close to 4 hours to get it done. Are your LED's as weak as mine, or did I mess up? I was expecting the turn signal to take up the entire light, not just the one or two of the inner ones. And I dont have my digi available right now either

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
well......it turned out really good, but it took me close to 4 hours to get it done. Are your LED's as weak as mine, or did I mess up? I was expecting the turn signal to take up the entire light, not just the one or two of the inner ones. And I dont have my digi available right now either
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">like i said uo top...you reversed the wires..your running your driving lite off your brake lite wires, and vise versa..just switch them .i think its black = brown , red=white/black

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
thanks for all your help man! I would still be out doing it otherwise
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">lol..no prob man..thats why we're here

if you want really bright lites, get the liberteks..my buddy has em on his bike..WAY BRIGHTER than my leds..but they're mucho dinero $$$$$$, like $180..i cant bring myself to spend that much for bulbs..

[ 09-09-2002, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: Psycho1000R ]

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got the wires straightend out. Now what do I do about the license plate? It looks to nice to go drilling into it. Where did you put yours? or anybody else with an undertail....?

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I got the wires straightend out. Now what do I do about the license plate? It looks to nice to go drilling into it. Where did you put yours? or anybody else with an undertail....?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">lol..i know what u mean, but u pretty much have no choice..i mounted mine behind that hump almost flat..when i go home tomm i'll shoot u a pic.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
awesome. I was thinking about making a bracket that bolts to the back of the hump, but puts the license plate in the front of it. I dont want to drill any visible holes taht I might later regret

1 - 19 of 19 Posts