Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,887 Posts
The only reason that's probably considered an undertail is because the 1K tail is pretty wide. It looks more like an extreme high mount barring the cross over pipe to the other can. I don't like it and I personally like undertail exhaust systems.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
I should buy 5 of those exhausts and melt them down in a foundry just to save 5 other poor schmucks from ruining their Gixxers with those aweful things.

It's all stainless steel too. I wonder how much extra weight that adds over the stock titanium unit?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
not my cup of tea

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
if suzuki had gone to undertail for K5 like everyone else i just would have kept my K3

·
Registered
163 Posts
stupid move getting an undertail. THERE LAME AND UGLY......... if u want an undertail u shoulda bought another bike like HMMMM. a honda or kawasaki or yamaha not a Suzuki................................................

·
Registered
379 Posts
YUK!

If it doesn't come from the factory with an under-tail exhaust, don’t put one on. That exhaust in that pic looks horrible. On top of that, the exhaust pictured doesn't make as much power as the stock exhaust, if you ride with a passenger their legs would get scorched and you will feel the heat as well because of the exhaust placement. That exhaust pictured looks like an XXL large sized exhaust, mounted on a medium sized bike, the proportions are really off.

Do yourself a favor and spend your money elsewhere. Spending money on that exhaust would be a waste. That exhaust doesn’t offer any visual or HP improvements. In fact, I would bet anyone that the exhaust pictured actually produces less HP than the stock exhaust.

·
loves oldgixxer and Anthony D
12,611 Posts
IXIL actually makes some of the only undertail systems that I like....its not totallu under the tail, it comes out a lil...not bad

1 - 14 of 14 Posts