Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Discuss the series as it progresses...

I missed the first episode but was able to catch tonights fight.
I really anticipated Wes to win and thought he did but the scoring kind of threw me off.

Ya the guy was gassing pretty bad but he dominated the guy in the first round. Was still able to get some take downs and punches in the second round.

Looking forward to next weeks fight with kimbo:shifty

discuss...

·
Premium Member
18,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Ultimate Fighter Heavyweights

i hope ole roy can hand kimbo his ass, but i dont think it will happen...
hes got the technique maybe but i think hes just to out of shape.

To bad ken was cutting so much weight or he probably could eventually beat lesnar IMO

·
...just like sex with Shane
12,047 Posts

I think Big Country is going to take Kimbo. Dude can take a punch & can eat a punch. Honestly, they only go 2 rounds so stamina isn't that huge of a factor but, he is definitely out of shape!

Going to be a god one though....

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts

I dont think Kimbo will lose this one. They have hyped him too much (keep in mind they hyped him AFTER filming was done, it has been done for months of course). I think he will make it pretty far (win a few) before he is taken out. I dont think he will even come CLOSE to winning the thing, but he will win a few first.

·
Professional Baby Maker
17,741 Posts

I dont think Kimbo will lose this one. They have hyped him too much (keep in mind they hyped him AFTER filming was done, it has been done for months of course). I think he will make it pretty far (win a few) before he is taken out. I dont think he will even come CLOSE to winning the thing, but he will win a few first.
Agreed, but I honestly hope this doesn't turn into some WWF/E bullshit. Hopefully he wins legitimately and not due to questionable judging just to up the ratings.

·
Registered
56 Posts

Well technically they only fight 3 times at the most anyway.. But honestly, Even with Kimbo's horrible ground game, his stand up is gunna keep him from getting taken down by fat-ass Nelson

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts

He is gone. But it looks like the other big black dude might end up hurt and he gets to come back because of that.

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts

And Roy won....... but fuck. It was not impressive. I was more impressed with kimbo, he actually showed a decent amount of technique for a "street fighting bum" or whatever. Roy won by weight, nothing more. He bitch slapped kimbo to a win :rolleyes.

·
PM me for Brotection
57,513 Posts

He is gone. But it looks like the other big black dude might end up hurt and he gets to come back because of that.
That's what the commercials seem to show

And Roy won....... but fuck. It was not impressive. I was more impressed with kimbo, he actually showed a decent amount of technique for a "street fighting bum" or whatever. Roy won by weight, nothing more. He bitch slapped kimbo to a win :rolleyes.

Looks like he's definitely learning.

·
Registered
502 Posts

That wasn't an impressive win at all for Roy. It would be interesting to see a rematch between the two if Kimbo somehow came back though, after he was able to work on his ground game some more.

On a side note, I have been really surprised by Kimbo since watching him on TUF. I really didn't know that much about him (other than i thought he overhyped by elite xc) and i thought he would act a lot more arrogant being on the show. He really comes across as a humble guy who just wants to learn and improve. I actually find myself hoping he is able to come back and give it another shot.

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts

^ no doubt. HIs "boys" always made himout to be a ghetto thug. He really seems to be a nice guy, who just likes to fight, and is pretty good at it. Not that he is necessarily a good mixed martial artist, but he can fight. I hope he comes back and does decent at least. I dont think at this point he can survive UFC. But I want to see him go far enough to get the regognition he is hoping for as a legit fighter.

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
I am also gathering that they are keeping the fighters in the house this season after they lose, I guess to be training partners. Because it seems Kimbo is still in the house, and Dana said something about him "paying attention the rest of the season and learnig" and coming back later

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am also gathering that they are keeping the fighters in the house this season after they lose, I guess to be training partners. Because it seems Kimbo is still in the house, and Dana said something about him "paying attention the rest of the season and learnig" and coming back later
Last season they kept the fighters in the house also.

·
12,047 Posts
I was completely impressed by Kimbo Slice last night. He's a good man & I hope Dana White keeps him around to fight in the finale, if he doesn't get to fight again this season. He's a big name that makes people tune in.

Enemy = InnerMe :thumbup

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
No doubt. I want to see Dana eat his words though. He talked a LOT of shit about him being a worthless bum, and street thug with nor morals and shit. Dana did like a lot of us did, and took the videos (where kimbo really almost never spoke, but his boys did) and made assumptions. The bad thing though is Dana spoke of it publicly and he has a huge audience. Kimbo probably deserves an apology from Dana, but I think Dana is too arrogant to give it.

·
12,047 Posts
Agreed. I, myself, thought Kimbo was a total jackass Miami street thug. He is completely the opposite. A mild-mannered family man who just happens to really enjoy fighting. I wish Dana would aplogize to him as well but, you are right, it will never happen. No matter what ... just not DW's style :thumbdown

I do hope that he continues to get better at his MMA & becomes a player in the UFC.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts