Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Constantly in trouble now
16,403 Posts
Not my style but that looks pretty damn decent.

--Wag--

·
Premium Member
2,931 Posts
You done well to get a swingarm out of Spondon. They have gone a bit like JMC impossible to get anything out of them.
Nice bike..

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
supose id better update

what a couple of weeks
a big thank you to dan for sorting out the studs in the turbo
dave for welding and turning the headers around in 24 hours
esm for getting the header flange milled flat in one day
and kjb busa for the oil cooler and not forgetting exile
for giving us a hand to put the turbo back on
all sorted and on the road
all thats left to do is get it back to kens for some sorting reving a little high and to sort the boost out
got its studio shoot done today thanks will rob dave a good day out

will update the studio shots when i get them with the usual flesh shots ect

decided to get rid of the cooler knew it was close to the wheel
but found that its definatly rubbing under braking so dont really wanna find out
what happens when i have to slam them on other niggly bit is that the cooler touches the turbo which vibrates like fuck so bite the bullet off to think automotive who did me a good deal on a new cooler lines and fittings
off to see bill on wed to get the revs sorted and some dyno time so i can get out and enjoy whatever summer we have left
sfc sorting me lights out and motogadgets speedo back to germany to get sorted looks like in blew a diode somehow:rolleyes:

just so you get an idea how close the cooler was to that wheel

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
got the bike down to bills (dynomutt)sorted out the revs but still hunting but now usable had a lug break off on the rad got that sorted and rewelded bill also sorted out a leak on the sump and decided to sort out the clocks
carl is still sorting out a carbon insert for the ram air and healight cover in carbon think were gonna go with the busa jap logo cut out of it
carl did finish it but went at it with a hammer when his kid said it looked like a jammy dodger!!!!!
bike went back onto bill dyno good news tick over sorted goes well up to 4k bad news then badly goes rich was putting out 120bhp at 3.5k revs thats pretty much tickover :)

so needs remapping decided to buy the leads needed to connect ecu to laptop got the software the ecu already been flashed with the latest software and spoke to jack at holeshot whos sending me the original mapping (really helpfull bloke) when it was pushing 287bhp so a good base to work from
thats it for now been sying that for ages cross fingers next two weeks back to sunny cornwall for bill to sort and get this beast running correctly

·
Registered
535 Posts
What about the gauge cluster? I am interested in seeing how it is mounted and what it is from. I would love to make my bike a streetfighter and have been looking at headlight/handlebar/gauge set ups and yours is exactly what I am looking for.

On another note, I bet that thing is slow! :lol:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts