Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
...just like sex with Shane
12,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evans over Machida in the 2nd round via TKO. I can't see Machida hurting Rashad at all & I pray to God that Matt Serra submits Matt Hughes :chucks

·
Premium Member
4,513 Posts
Evans for sure. I am torn between Hughes and Serra as I like both those guys. I can not stand Sherk and hopes he loses bad.

·
Premium Member
5,169 Posts
WTF... Giving Rashad a non contender to get his lill title defense. No way should Machida be next in line for the belt.

·
Faps to Fantasy Football, and fails at that even
10,194 Posts
Evans over Machida....but I'm going for Machida....and anyone who thinks serra will beat hughes is crazy. As cocky as matt hughes is he has skill, and serra will never be the same caliber fighter. His win against GSP was pure luck, and his 15 minutes of fame. I also hope Edgar wins over Sherk.

·
12,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Evans over Machida....but I'm going for Machida....and anyone who thinks serra will beat hughes is crazy. As cocky as matt hughes is he has skill, and serra will never be the same caliber fighter. His win against GSP was pure luck, and his 15 minutes of fame. I also hope Edgar wins over Sherk.
I don't know about Hughes over Serra...I think Hughes is on the same road Chuck Lidell is on. Retirement. Granted, Serra definitely had his 15 minutes of fame with that win over GSP. That was truly a joke & even he knew it.

:chucks

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts

Evans over Machida

Matt Hughes over Serra - I've met Matt Hughes in person and he is not as cocky as people think. Quiet ole country boy.

·
10,194 Posts
I don't know about Hughes over Serra...I think Hughes is on the same road Chuck Lidell is on. Retirement. Granted, Serra definitely had his 15 minutes of fame with that win over GSP. That was truly a joke & even he knew it.

:chucks
I agree that Hughes is older and MMA has advanced since his run as champion, but we're talking about Matt Serra. :thumbdown I def dont want to hear a post fight interview if Serra wins...I cant stand that whiny brooklyn accent.

·
10,194 Posts
Evans over Machida

Matt Hughes over Serra - I've met Matt Hughes in person and he is not as cocky as people think. Quiet ole country boy.
Hughes had every right to be cocky...In his prime he was an awesome fighter. As much as people dislike him I have great respect for him. On TUF he was a great coach whom was very competitve....theres nothing wrong with that. He has a winning mentality and losing all those fights week after week to Serra drove him crazy...Prolly cuz he was so used to winning in the ring.

·
12,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:lol I hate a whiny Brooklyn accent too! I definitely respect Hughes. He has done a ton for MMA & I like the good ole boy attitude. He is who he is & if you don't like it, :flipoff

·
Professional Baby Maker
17,741 Posts
Another vote for Hughes over Serra. He might not be as good as he was, but he's still damn better than Serra. And I can't stand to hear Serra talk either.

And Machida was definitely next in line, especially with Rampage out with an injury. But I think Rashad will win over Machida. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if Machida pulled off the win as he can be elusive, hard to hit.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Hard to elude those big sweeping haymakers of Evans...lol

·
Premium Member
5,169 Posts
Machida hasn't beat a contender since like 05 when he beat Penn. Beat a downward spiral Ortiz. Even that seems like awhile ago. None the less, Jackson should have a shot at it. In my eyes his fight with Forrest could have went either way. He beat Silva and Jardine who were supposed to be contenders. ha
205 lost its muster, used to be the hardest weight class to compete. Wish Anderson Silva would go up. Even Forrest could argue he deserves a second chance.

·
10,194 Posts
Machida hasn't beat a contender since like 05 when he beat Penn. Beat a downward spiral Ortiz. Even that seems like awhile ago. None the less, Jackson should have a shot at it. In my eyes his fight with Forrest could have went either way. He beat Silva and Jardine who were supposed to be contenders. ha
205 lost its muster, used to be the hardest weight class to compete. Wish Anderson Silva would go up. Even Forrest could argue he deserves a second chance.
quinton Jackson was originally supposed to be fighting Evans but could'nt due to hand injury, and he already had the shot won the belt, lost the belt, went nutts, and like others has to make his way back up. Machida def deseves a shot, and the 205 division is still very competitive.

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geu5qcDfFJ4GgADhdXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE0bm9oOXU5BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDNQRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkA01BUDAwM185OA--/SIG=13g0s6uqo/EXP=1240620828/**http://mmajunkie.com/news/14234/its-official-evans-to-meet-machida-not-jackson-at-ufc-98.mma

·
Premium Member
5,169 Posts
205 is not as competitive when you had 4-5 guys that could be legitimate champions right now. Thats when good fighters like Tito Ortiz, Belfort, Randleman etc... Had to try to stay alive with chuck, n randy along with others. That is now gone across all the weight classes IMO. Non the less I see Rampage will get his shot so im content with that.

·
Professional Baby Maker
17,741 Posts
205 is not as competitive when you had 4-5 guys that could be legitimate champions right now. Thats when good fighters like Tito Ortiz, Belfort, Randleman etc... Had to try to stay alive with chuck, n randy along with others. That is now gone across all the weight classes IMO. Non the less I see Rampage will get his shot so im content with that.

rampage, griffin, evans, possibly machida aren't 4 guys that could be legitimate champions? Don't forget that Hendo is still lurking around as well as Bisping who lost a split decision to Evans. I'd say it's a stacked division.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
lol, I think they just control who gets the spotlight. I mean, Im a fan of Stephan Bonnar but he sure doesnt get any of the spotlight. Besides up and coming Bones jones, he hasnt lost to anyone besides Griffin (2) Evans and machida. I would like to see a Bonnar/Griffin 3

·
10,194 Posts
bonnars fights are few and far between, I know he failed a drug test and was suspended in 06, and might have other issues....basically when you dont fight often and lose your latest fight...you go traditionaly go down the ladder...where he is slowly heading. He def needs to prove his worth in the UFC

1 - 20 of 50 Posts