Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
...just like sex with Shane
12,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday 2/21 9pm on Spike. Should be a decent card.

Diego Sanchez (156) vs Joe Stevenson (155)
Rory Markham (170) vs Dan Hardy (170)
Wilson Gouveia (185) vs Nate Marquardt (185)
Chael Sonnen (185) vs Demian Maia (184)
Paulo Thiago (169) vs Josh Koscheck (170)
Brian Cobb (155) vs Terry Etim (156)
Stefan Struve (240) vs Junior Dos Santos (237)
Mike Ciesnolevicz (235) vs Neil Grove (263)
Evan Dunham (154) vs Per Eklund (155)
Troy Mandaloniz (168) vs Paul Kelly (169)

·
12,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure it will be replayed sooner than later. I'm really looking forward to the Nate Marquardt / Wilson Gouvea fight.

Sanchez via decision.
Marquadt via KO round 1

·
Registered
401 Posts
it was funny to see kos get knocked out! it looked like kos was hurting thiago and then got caught with a upper cut and dropped, he complained it was a early stoppage, but he was out!! and stevenson's gameplay if you want to call it that sucked! and diego looked small, looks like he lost alot of muscle dropping to 155, i guess its to be expected, he just looked weird...He knows he will never be at the top of 170 so he had to choice but to move down, he would lose to Fitch again!, alves,GSP and probably kos again too, although i would like to see a diego kos rematch!

·
Registered
96 Posts
results are pretty much i predicted...maia by submission..this guy's sick...marquardt looked good against gouveia...i was actually rooting for nate and would love to see him face the bisping/henderson winner for title shot...and poor kos, he has to climb up the ladder again to earn a title shot..diego should be fighting sean sherk next and if he get past him, he should face penn/florian winner for the title...overall it pretty good card...cant wait for UFC 100

·
12,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Diego vs. Stevenson was pretty damn boring. Joe Daddy did NOTHING to impress me. 100% agree with the whole eveloution thing & Joe Daddy is not evolving as a fighter. Marquardt did look good...I'd like to see him fight Bisping or Henderson as well!

What was up with Diego's entrance?!?! YES YES YES & all the foaming of the mouth -- not a good look :eek2:

·
Thugnificent
10,609 Posts
it was funny to see kos get knocked out! it looked like kos was hurting thiago and then got caught with a upper cut and dropped, he complained it was a early stoppage, but he was out!!
Kos did get caught and yes, he was out for a split second; but he quickly got into guard, put his hands up, and was ready to defend himself. I think is was stopped early. I've seen many UFC fights where the same thing happened and the fight went on.

·
12,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kos did get caught and yes, he was out for a split second; but he quickly got into guard, put his hands up, and was ready to defend himself. It think is was stopped early. I've seen many UFC fights where the same thing happened and the fight went on.
Like they said, it was a definite "trend" for the evening. Those UK refs definitely jumped in a little too early on numerous occassions. :nono

1 - 12 of 12 Posts