Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jon Fitch FTW!!!! :cheers I think GSP is just a little too cocky, plus if foreigners keep winning, we're gonna lose the war...:lol

I want florian to win also, love watching that guy fight.

any predictions?? it all goes down saturday

·
Registered
228 Posts
2threadsdown.com

·
Registered
228 Posts
GSP
Herring
Huerta

·
Premium Member
3,300 Posts
Hmm will Canadas Georges St. Pierre defeat The States Jon Fitch? Oh I think so.

Too bad GSP is french Canadian blah

Only thing I see going wrong, is that darn glass jaw GSP has.

·
Professional Baby Maker
17,741 Posts
GSP handle fitch relatively easily. But Lesnar wow...he just smothered Herring the entire fight. That first straight right and then just basically layed on top of him the rest of the time :lol

·
Anything goes for me
3,909 Posts
anyone know where to find video from 87?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Jon Fitch FTW!!!! :cheers I think GSP is just a little too cocky, plus if foreigners keep winning, we're gonna lose the war...:lol

I want florian to win also, love watching that guy fight.

any predictions?? it all goes down saturday
GSP cocky?!? did you watch the end of the fight. . and the beginning?? hello this guy has more honor in him than any other fighter ive seen. He congratulates Fitch for an impressive and honorable battle . .who else fucking does that?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Grambuyan let me down. He looks like a fun guy, but he woke up not knowing that the fight had even started. 12 seconds? Wow, retire.

Brock should be ashamed. He ROCKED Herring and then failed to do anything else for 2 and a half rounds.

The only really exciting fight was Florian/Huerta. The outcome was in doubt the entire time.

Oh yeah, and F*ck Cheick Kongo.... Dude has a horrible attitude for someone with no skill whatsoever. Supposedly they are trying to line up Lesnar v Kongo sometime in the future...

And speaking of, Brock lost alot of my respect after his little dance following the fight. He's got a long way to go before he's even decent. I mean, seriously, he's supposed to be the best wrestling guy around and he failed to do ANYTHING but prevent Herring from getting to his feet.

Brock Lesnar, fail. The only thing he's got going for him is his name, and he's kind of entertaining. Just sucks at fighting.

·
Bring it fellas
2,945 Posts
Give Lesner time is all i have to say. alot of these guys he's fighting have been in MMA for many many years. right now hes using his size and strength to his advantage which is the smartest thing he can do with the little experience he has. ide say if he sticks with it he has the potential to be a title holder within a few years

·
Professional Baby Maker
17,741 Posts
Give Lesner time is all i have to say. alot of these guys he's fighting have been in MMA for many many years. right now hes using his size and strength to his advantage which is the smartest thing he can do with the little experience he has. ide say if he sticks with it he has the potential to be a title holder within a few years
for sure. He used his current strengths to his advantage. IF he would've tried ground and pound or do anything else he might've been caught in something again.

But holy shit...imagine herring getting rocked by that right hand, then looking up to see this 275lb beast charging full speed at you :eek:hmy

·
Registered
301 Posts
Give Lesner time is all i have to say.

Have no problem with that.

He can have all the time he wants, just not in a prime fight spot on a PPV.

Dues....

He should pay them.

Let him learn his skills off screen for a while.

·
Bring it fellas
2,945 Posts
But holy shit...imagine herring getting rocked by that right hand, then looking up to see this 275lb beast charging full speed at you :eek:hmy
i wouldn't have imagined him being that fast.

Have no problem with that.

He can have all the time he wants, just not in a prime fight spot on a PPV.

Dues....

He should pay them.

Let him learn his skills off screen for a while.

as far as that goes i think Dane see's him as an investment that will bring the sport alot more fans from the wrestling world and also make him alot of money.

i agree that he shouldn't have been thrown right in there as thats not fair for alot of people who's dreams are to fight in the UFC but thats not our choice and personally i enjoy watching him fight.

·
Registered
301 Posts
i wouldn't have imagined him being that fast.

as far as that goes i think Dane see's him as an investment that will bring the sport alot more fans from the wrestling world and also make him alot of money.

i agree that he shouldn't have been thrown right in there as thats not fair for alot of people who's dreams are to fight in the UFC but thats not our choice and personally i enjoy watching him fight.

Oh I agree. He's entertaining, but more than I love entertainment, I love entertainment that follows pre-established rules.

*sigh*

He'll be a helluva a guy to compete against in a few years.

Even though he beat Herring, it shows how far he has to go to get good.

Hopefully if they setup that Kongo fight, he'll be good enough to beat him. As much as I dislike Brock's "Easy Deal" from the UFC, I hate Kongo alot more. He's an ass.

·
Registered
52 Posts
easy deal for brock?He fought Frank Mir(ex champ) and Herring who almost beat nogueira and is a well rounded heavyweight with more experience than most but he could not do a thing to Brock.When Brock learns some jiu jitsu to go with his freakish wrestling he will be the man to beat.No one will stop his takedown and when he relaxes a bit on the ground then look out everyone else.Also GSP is a true champion and a respectful person,Fitch was tough as nails also but not quite in the same class

·
Registered
301 Posts
easy deal for brock?He fought Frank Mir(ex champ) and Herring who almost beat nogueira and is a well rounded heavyweight with more experience than most but he could not do a thing to Brock.When Brock learns some jiu jitsu to go with his freakish wrestling he will be the man to beat.No one will stop his takedown and when he relaxes a bit on the ground then look out everyone else.Also GSP is a true champion and a respectful person,Fitch was tough as nails also but not quite in the same class

The only reason Brock was immune to Herring was because he knocked Heath's smarts out in about 15 seconds with the right hand. Had he not done that, I would bet that we would have seen a much better fight.

And no matter what the scale says, no one really believes Brock was 265, maybe 285+.

And for easy deal, yeah he had an easy deal, you'd be crazy to argue it and you just proved it yourself. Who gets to fight Mir for their first fight, and Herring for their second. The man is a trained competative full contact athlete so yes he stood a chance against the both of them, (in addition to the rumored 1/4 of a mill he's paying his coaches).

Its not a matter of did Brock hold up to two (used to be) great fighters, its that the fights were boring because all Brock did was grapple (and he failed miserably at that, accomplishing NOTHING with all the wrestling he did) and got one good punch off on Herring and he got a hell of a sweet ride from the UFC.

Dealing with the pressure? He better, its part of the "perk" package from going from "Nobody" to "Co-Main Event" in less than 4 months.

Will Brock be an awesome fighter? Sure looks like it. But he's not one now. He is no more a great fighter than Bob Sapp was. Anyone remember him almost beating Minotauro? Remind you of anyone fighting Frank Mir lately?

You know what? Ignore me, I'm just pissed the Lesnar didn't pick Heath Herring up and drop an F5 Suplex on him :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
you cant compare lesnar to bob sapp and if you do your credibility flies out the window pretty quick.I can see you are a brock hater and thats cool cos its your opinion but its amazing how people pick at everything he has done.Anyway pretty sure Frank Mir has got a title shot coming up after the Ultimate Fighter so he must be finished right?Also brock had a chance for a suplex in the third round but didnt take it,i was dissappointed by that but everything else was pretty awesome for a bloke in his third EVER MMA fight

1 - 20 of 36 Posts