Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,513 Posts
I think Penn will win. I would like to see Jardine lose. For some reason I just do not like him. Tito's last fight in the UFC (from what I heard) should have him go out a winner.

·
Faps to Fantasy Football, and fails at that even
10,194 Posts
Penn has exposed his last few openents, he's very technical and as long as his cardio is strong, he'll win...easily. Jardine is a decent striker, but "the ax murderer" is a much better all around fighter...remeber he put rampage out twice!! As for Tito....his last few fights are all short of impresive. the only motivation he has is his hate for Dana white. Dana wants him to lose and get his ass handed to him. So that might be enough motivation for Tito. However I feel Machida will win.

·
10,194 Posts
Penn vs Stevenson was a complete masacre!!!! Penn was having fun. Def one of the bloodiest fights I've seen.

pennstevensonchokexl7.jpg

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
I'm hoping Penn gets it. I think he's good enough to stop Sherk from molesting him for 5 rounds.

I will be away from home this weekend. Aaaarrrrggghhh!!!! I wished there was a place I could stream it from somewhere?

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
SPOILER!!!! DO NOT READ BELOW IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN UFC 84 AND PLAN TO AND DON'T WANT TO HEAR OF THE RESULTS. THOSE THAT HAVE SEEN ALREADY READ BELOW

Did anyone think the BJ/Sherk stoppage was a bit weird?

·
Premium Member
5,169 Posts
No, i didnt..

All the other fights went as i thought would happen. Tito needs to hang it up.

·
Premium Member
4,513 Posts
No as Sherk did not seem able to stand up. As first I thought it was but when they showed him staying down on the knee it seemed like the ref made a good call. BJs flying knee caught him good.

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
maybe if Sherk didn't get up, or seemed like he wasn't going to contunue, I can see it.

But it seemed like he would have been saved by the bell at the end? Although Sherk didn't seem to protest much at all.

I'm hoping BJ can make weight @ 172 and still be in good shape to fight GSP. I'm scared he'll get heavy again and be a fat bastard. I'd love to see that fight again.

·
10,194 Posts
The ref stopped the fight right at the bell, and Sherk didnt even make an attempt at getting up, due to being rocked. If he didnt know the bell rang, or knew it rang and didnt get up, and he made no attempt to protest the call then. The fight was stopped with good reason.

As for Wandi I can tell you right now.. IF Quinton Jacjson beats Forrest griffith There will be a rematch between Jackson and Silva!

Tito lost at his own game, serves hin right, he's a nothing specatacular. He's washed up like his counterpartner.

did anyone see Rousimar Palhares sick armbar, if you blinked you meiised it. Cant wait to see this guy fight more!

and did anyone see Jon Koppenhaver from the TUF show get choked unconsious?? that was awesome!!!

Overall this was one of the best UFC's I've seen in awhile.

·
Registered
597 Posts
The ref stopped the fight right at the bell, and Sherk didnt even make an attempt at getting up, due to being rocked. If he didnt know the bell rang, or knew it rang and didnt get up, and he made no attempt to protest the call then. The fight was stopped with good reason.QUOTE] Sherk was unconscience the second punch after the knee. his arms fell to his sides. Yamasaki was in poor position to see the action and went to wave Sherk done but then stopped after getting around Penn to see Sherk was conscience again. Yamasaki was not decisive enough and step in just to call the round, he was slipping and show again that none of the other refs are anywhere close to Big John. Like Joe said "I tinhk BJ called the fight"

·
Registered
301 Posts
Wanderlei is a shaved ape... I don't care how ruthless Jardine was, in a slugfest, the ape is almost always going to win.

Don;t get me wrong, Wanderlei is a hell of a fighter and he proved it... but he had alot more bruteness than Jardine did. Anyone know if Jardine is okay? He looked Catatonic when they blew the whistle.

And also... was it just me or did Penn have a 95% success rate on his jabs?

The Tito fight was sad. I liked Machida but he didn't do much.

Oh yeah, and that Silva/Jardine fight was damned short.

·
10,194 Posts
Sherk was unconscience the second punch after the knee. his arms fell to his sides. Yamasaki was in poor position to see the action and went to wave Sherk done but then stopped after getting around Penn to see Sherk was conscience again. Yamasaki was not decisive enough and step in just to call the round, he was slipping and show again that none of the other refs are anywhere close to Big John. Like Joe said "I tinhk BJ called the fight"
Yeah, i can agree, but sherk had'nt known what happened I didnt see a protest from him, he prolly wanted that fight over more than anyone. As for the refs...they are a joke. Big Jon was very good at what he did.

Please tell me you saw the ref fall during the Tito fight, then stood up and started laughing. :dissapointed

·
Registered
9 Posts
well i guess its a little to late for a prediction but all i know is that the penn vs sherk match was a fucking joke :nono !!! bj hit him whit the jab sending sherks ass to the cage then its like sherk didnt even fucking try to fucking block bj's "KNEE OF DEATH"? he just sat there and took it like a bitch, cant believe bj penn one 5:00 in the 3rd by Technical knockout :/. And dont even get me started on the jardine fight i mean come on, who honestly would of thought jardine would even come close to beating Wanderlei "The Axe Murderer" Silva??:wtf?? anyways i mean just look at the fucking outcome i mean a Knockout at 0:36 in the first? Hate to say it but Jardine never even had a fucking chance :nono thats right little smily guy he didnt have an icecubes chance in hell. And in my opinion Tito losing to Lyoto by unanimous decision in the 3rd was the biggest fucking upset this year :/

p.s. i cant fucking wait for Matt Hughes and Thiago Alves, just compare real quick and before you make your predictions. Matt Hughes and Thiago Alves are the same height, weight, and have the same reach. the only difference is Hughes' record is slightly better at 43-6-0 compared to Alves' 20-4-0.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts