Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is watching it and what are your picks?

In the main match I thick GSP will win but I would love to see Matt keep the title and I think Rich will take Travis.

·
Registered
37 Posts
What I can't agree is if I should go to the Buffulo Wings place to watch it or spend 40 bucks to watch it at my house. Quite a conundrum.

Unless somebody upload the fights... any volunteers

Oh yeah I vote for GSP to take the win.

·
Premium Member
4,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pooling with co workers. there is like 6 of us so it is only about 10 a person and you bring what you want to eat and drink

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
What I can't agree is if I should go to the Buffulo Wings place to watch it or spend 40 bucks to watch it at my house. Quite a conundrum.

Unless somebody upload the fights... any volunteers
I always wait and catch them on the net in the day or two after the fights.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think that was one of the funniest UFC ever!!! That Quarry guy vs the Canadian guy had me on the floor laughing my ass off. And when he started doing the running man impression I just lost it. Good times.

Spoiler alert

Man did GSP put a smackdown on Serra. Serra this time didn't have the element of suprise like before so GSP was too ready. GSP plan on taking him on worked so well he didn't even have scratch on him.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I was glad he got out of the arm bar. Overall a really good card and Nate had me laughing my A** off.
This card was crap, 185 has been a dead end wieght class for sometime now. There's Rich the class of the bunch and then there's Silva in a league of his own. 170 is drying up to. Bring on the all 155 card and get Faver to move out of WEC 145 class.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Faber has got to get out of WEC. He's dominating there and would be a great fit in the UFC.

Sure, all the classes are drying up...but that's what happens when you have 5-6 pay per view's per year, with every one having title matches. I guess that's why they are pushing TUF so hard...because it is a god way to introduce new guys into the UFC. It gives them instant popularity, and is a way the UFC can get them in at low pay. They give one 6 figure contract, yet nearly all of them wind up in the UFC...probably making about $20k a year or less.

It also gives new recruits, and people begin wanting to see fights that aren't title fights, because guys they like or don't are in them...even though they may be in their first few fights with the UFC. Otherwise, their first fights, they would be unknown and not draw any crowd at all.

You gotta feel for the guy that had herpes and got kicked off TUF for it. He wanted it bad, and now he's let the entire world know he's got herpes...and cost him his job and a fighting career. I doubt we'll ever see him back in the UFC. He'll probably be black listed.

·
Registered
597 Posts
They need to find other fighters that are not converted wrestlers. I want to see more kicks and strikes with a technical ground match vs. I'm going to take'm down and mawl them for 15 min

·
IM THE BRONZE
1,336 Posts
Wanderlie is in the next card thnk God!
This last card was totally predictable. The fighters I knew, I predicted the outcome spot-on & I have never been that accurate. The UFC made it too obvious that they handed the Canadian a crap fighter to guarantee a win in their hometown. Already knew GSP would dominate after he took Serra too lightly the first time. Ready to see Rampage & Silva again already. Too long for Rampage I think, they have been too busy with their ultimate fighter, cant have Rampage lose while still filming that ehh.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Faber wont go to UFC they dont have a 145lb division thats why Jens Pulver went to WEC to fight the 145 class. I like WEC better they have, i think, better fighters(more versitile) plus tiltle fights on regular cable:punk

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
i was expecting more out of lutter.. a fight like that on PPV.. he should of prepared more..

Bisping had a hell of a fight...

the nate quarry fight was THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE most boring fight EVARRRR...

I was rooting for GSP... he did a hell of a job and major props to serra for being a hell of a guy after his loss..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts