1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Thugnificent
10,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
I like how he says he can't fight Kimbo, that's a sideshow :lol I would not be surprised if more boxers got into it,the sport is evolving.

·
Thugnificent
10,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if a boxer would even think about fighting in the UFC, they'll have to practice takedown defense for about a year. Besides, I don't think Dana White would have another boxer fight in the UFC without proving he can work on the ground.

Hell, I can see more guys from the WWE fight in the UFC then boxers stepping up to fight.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
if a boxer would even think about fighting in the UFC, they'll have to practice takedown defense for about a year. Besides, I don't think Dana White would have another boxer fight in the UFC without proving he can work on the ground.

Hell, I can see more guys from the WWE fight in the UFC then boxers stepping up to fight.
Good point just look at Brock Lesnar,I never thought he would come as far as he did. Randy Couture is no joke even for his age, sucks these guys only get one shot to make it happen.

·
Premium Member
5,378 Posts
I didn't get to see the fight. Does anyone have a good working link to it? I did a search and all I get is the fucken rat race...

·
I Heart Man Sauce
6,488 Posts
NSFW--> Entensity.net usually has all the big fights on their homepage within a couple days.

They aren't up just yet though.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
NSFW--> Entensity.net usually has all the big fights on their homepage within a couple days.

They aren't up just yet though.
:punk Thanks for the link. The fight's up now, seems Toney's defense was pretty weak but he has heart for going into the octagon.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Good point just look at Brock Lesnar,I never thought he would come as far as he did. Randy Couture is no joke even for his age, sucks these guys only get one shot to make it happen.
Brock Lesnar = WWE
James Tonney= Boxer

Brock Lesnar = Legitimate threat in the UFC

James Tonney = Dud

Therefore, WWE is clearly not fake

·
Premium Member
4,513 Posts
Remember Brock was a collage wrestler so he knew ground game somewhat. Tonney knew nothing once he was off his feet

·
Registered
63 Posts
The best thing to do is take boxing or kick boxing lessons first then jiu-jitsu. It will give you the best of both and allow you to go head up with a striker and a grappler.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts