Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, GSP with yet ANOTHER decision. when is that dude gonna finish a fight? his submissions attempts were sloppy and he did NO damage to hardy that whole time on the ground. There's been alot of whispers about him going to 185 to face the spider.. :wacko IMO he definitely ain't ready for that. maybe if he was knocking all these dudes out first round then I'd say yea but seriously 3 out his last four fights have gone the distance. shane carwin's ko'd 12 dudes in a row first round! GSP is OVER FRIGGIN RATED. withouth his takedowns (which are amazing) he's nothing

·
Premium Member
4,513 Posts
For real on GSP? Hardy was freaking nuts with the 2 submission attempts. I think Hardy put up a great fight and made GSP fight hard for the win. Just because GSP didn't knock him out (that is Hardy's style anyway) or submit him did not make it a bad fight. Hardy didn't become the number 1 contender by luck.

As for Carwin-that guy looks crazy. I think he will give Brock all that he is asking for and more. Plus he seems like he is a not a big mouth trash talker.

·
Premium Member
18,689 Posts
most people would have tapped on a few of those. GSP does a great job and controlling the bottom is how he fights, like fitch. not the most fun to watch, but still dominated. Hardy couldn't do anything on his feet and GSP knew that on the ground it wouldn't even be close. That's like a football team knowing they can throw and connect everytime. Why wouldn't they?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
most people would have tapped on a few of those. GSP does a great job and controlling the bottom is how he fights, like fitch. not the most fun to watch, but still dominated. Hardy couldn't do anything on his feet and GSP knew that on the ground it wouldn't even be close. That's like a football team knowing they can throw and connect everytime. Why wouldn't they?
no i know.. but he plays it safe too much that im beginning to the he's a chicken shit. he apologized to his fans for not finishing the fight so he even know's its lame to win like that. im saying that if he wants to prove that he's the best then he should show some balls by exchanging punches and going for the k.o. is he admitting that hardy has better stand up than him? does he not have any confidence in his standup game? obviously not. thanks for the snooze fest again george. i know he's well liked - but i just can't stand him. oh and by the way.. what the HELL happened to frank mir last night? he didn't even fight back? anyone else suspect he took the loss so that he doesn't have to face lesnar again?

·
Premium Member
4,513 Posts
no i know.. but he plays it safe too much that im beginning to the he's a chicken shit. he apologized to his fans for not finishing the fight so he even know's its lame to win like that. im saying that if he wants to prove that he's the best then he should show some balls by exchanging punches and going for the k.o. is he admitting that hardy has better stand up than him? does he not have any confidence in his standup game? obviously not. thanks for the snooze fest again george. i know he's well liked - but i just can't stand him. oh and by the way.. what the HELL happened to frank mir last night? he didn't even fight back? anyone else suspect he took the loss so that he doesn't have to face lesnar again?
I would think any fighter would go out and do what he is best at and what would give his oppenant the most problems. Why go out of your game plan if it is working? The reason GSP is the #1 is because he has the best ground game so far. Put yourself in his shoes. Would you and your team do anything different? I doubt it. While it may stink that he didn't win out right you are downplaying the fact that Hardy put up one helleva fight.

As for Mir I just think Carwin was to much for him

·
Registered
558 Posts
Hardy is a joke...he didnt do any damage to GSP in any round..Hardys best skill if you can call it that was the fact that he didnt get submitted....but he in no way did anything in that fight to show that he deserved second place....GSP versus Hardy reminded me alot of Penn vs Sanchez.....the champ stayed the champ and the top rated contender got embarrassed. Like an adult fighting a child.........................

·
Cock Thumb, or Thumb Cock? You decide.
31,593 Posts
I dont think in anyway Hardy was emabarrased by GSP. GSP's take downs and wrestling, were just that, take downs and wrestling. OK, submission attempts, but Hardy wormed his way out of those. Hardy made many attempts and was able to get up from under GSP.

GSP did no damage on the ground, very few strikes were thrown by him on the ground. He has stood up with other guys in the past. He was fully aware that a submission or a decision was gonna be the only way to squeak out a win. It was obvious in the first round it was going to be a wrestling match the entire fight.

Now Hardy knows what he needs to work on. GSP is going to be the same old boring GSP.

Sad to see Mir get ktfo. Carwin has xmas hams for fucking hands. If he catches Brock, Brock is done for.

·
Premium Member
4,513 Posts
I dont think in anyway Hardy was emabarrased by GSP. GSP's take downs and wrestling, were just that, take downs and wrestling. OK, submission attempts, but Hardy wormed his way out of those. Hardy made many attempts and was able to get up from under GSP.

GSP did no damage on the ground, very few strikes were thrown by him on the ground. He has stood up with other guys in the past. He was fully aware that a submission or a decision was gonna be the only way to squeak out a win. It was obvious in the first round it was going to be a wrestling match the entire fight.

Now Hardy knows what he needs to work on. GSP is going to be the same old boring GSP.

Sad to see Mir get ktfo. Carwin has xmas hams for fucking hands. If he catches Brock, Brock is done for.
I agree Fiddy. I thought Hardy fought GSP's style and held his own (nothing wrong with that). On the flipside I am sure he wanted a stand-up,fist flying fight.

I can not wait to see Lesner-Carwin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts