Nogueira
Silva
Leben
Marguardt
Vera

·
Registered
793 Posts
not very psyched for this one but I'm still gonna get it...

Ill take:

Couture
Silva
Rosholt
Miaia
Soszynski

·
Registered
793 Posts
dude, there is no way that I'll pay for this fight card. If I watch it, it's going to be at a sports bar.
I'll go to my boys house where there is five of us and we chip in $10 bucks each.. so for that its ok. hey maybe it will be good - ya never know with this sport.

·
Registered
793 Posts
not very psyched for this one but I'm still gonna get it...

Ill take:

Couture
Silva
Rosholt
Miaia
Soszynski
wow..my picks sucked this time :dunno Miaia looked like a real dumbass ...what was he thinking:wacko

·
Shaved Leg Hippie
124,232 Posts
I am hoping this flopped. And if it didn't, it doesn't come back to Portland. I was at the hockey game next door last night and I counted 17 cop cruisers in the lot before the event began. When I came out after the game there were 15 more, all with lights on with people in the back. I hate to see the number of hours the cops put in there last night......
This isn't a slam on UFC, just the jackasses that go to the events live.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I am hoping this flopped. And if it didn't, it doesn't come back to Portland. I was at the hockey game next door last night and I counted 17 cop cruisers in the lot before the event began. When I came out after the game there were 15 more, all with lights on with people in the back. I hate to see the number of hours the cops put in there last night......
This isn't a slam on UFC, just the jackasses that go to the events live.
c'mon are you serious? .... remember when the lakers won the championship the last time they had a full stage riot and trashed their own city... the philadelphia eagles have their own jail/courthouse on the premises. you ever seen what happens at soccer games in europe? I could go on and on all day, it has NOTHING to do with mma fans, in fact i'll bet if you look at statistics, there are more arrests for fights and public drunkeness at baseball games than mma events (i'll look that one up if ya challenge me on it). no no my friend - that is a piss poor accusation/generalization you've made there.

·
Shaved Leg Hippie
124,232 Posts
There are no cops on duty after basketball games in Portland except if there is a hockey game at the building next door, and that's just for crowd control. When there was a boxing event at the Rose Garden last year when there was a hockey game there weren't any cops visible like their were on Saturday night.

·
Shaved Leg Hippie
124,232 Posts
Also I should have stated the people that go to the events in Portland. I've got no clue what it's like in other places.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Being that UFC gained popularity over the past couple years and is expanding to cities that once would not have sponsored a venue, it's no surprise that there was a visible police presence as they probably didn't know what to expect. Just because they are out there doesn't mean the crowd was unruly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts