Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
One of the Jersey Boys
1,013 Posts
Sick? I thought that that shit was a fake. He looked like a basketball player trying to draw a foul. When you get knocked out you dont fall down, throw your leg up in the air and then run out of the arena!

Second, how much more boring of a fight could BJ and Kenny have had. I am done paying big money to see some bullshit fights.

·
Faps to Fantasy Football, and fails at that even
10,194 Posts
I was so pumped to see anderson silva win, but for forrest...that had to be the most demoralizing/embarrassing moment ever fro a MMA fighter. People were upset about silva last two fights but hes on another level of striking, hes bored in the ring, bring on roy jones jr.

As for BJ Penn I was extremely exited about his new training, he came in the ring slim and punished florian in typical penn fashion. bj never looked gassed. I have a feeling he will have that lightweight belt for awhile.

the rumor as to why forrest left so abrupt is that he suffered a broken jaw and could not hear out of one ear.

·
Registered
597 Posts
your crazy

that was an awesome show of skill on silva's part
Please!!!!!!!!!! you must have been watching a different fight, b/c that was a joke and daina should be ashsmed.

Reminds me of Ali vs Liston, Sugar Ray Leonard vs Marvin Hagler, Sugar Ray Leonard vs Thomas Hearns..

IMO, all very ?????
all of the above were at least good fights with two will particapent this reminds me most of the Ali/ Liston fight. In the Leorard/Haglar fight it was the desicion that was questionable, really a joke. I don't think the Leonrd/Hearns belongs on that list.

·
Faps to Fantasy Football, and fails at that even
10,194 Posts
Sick? I thought that that shit was a fake. He looked like a basketball player trying to draw a foul. When you get knocked out you dont fall down, throw your leg up in the air and then run out of the arena!

Second, how much more boring of a fight could BJ and Kenny have had. I am done paying big money to see some bullshit fights.
you obviously are very simple minded. I know bj penn vs kenny florian wasnt a fight of instant gratification, with a highlight KO in the first round. But as far as fights go the skill level was amazing. Both had game plans and bj executed. He worked florian, punished him, then finished the fight at the right moment.

·
Thugnificent
10,609 Posts
That shit did look a little fake.

I was so pumped to see anderson silva win, but for forrest...that had to be the most demoralizing/embarrassing moment ever fro a MMA fighter.

the rumor as to why forrest left so abrupt is that he suffered a broken jaw and could not hear out of one ear.
He did look really dazzed leaving the ring, like he didn't know what was going on.

But as far as fights go the skill level was amazing. Both had game plans and bj executed. He worked florian, punished him, then finished the fight at the right moment.
+1 It was a good fight.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was so pumped to see anderson silva win, but for forrest...that had to be the most demoralizing/embarrassing moment ever fro a MMA fighter. People were upset about silva last two fights but hes on another level of striking, hes bored in the ring, bring on roy jones jr.

As for BJ Penn I was extremely exited about his new training, he came in the ring slim and punished florian in typical penn fashion. bj never looked gassed. I have a feeling he will have that lightweight belt for awhile.

Poor Anderson, people complain that your fights are boring and you spend the whole fight backing up. They match you against a big LHW, you dislocate his jaw with a hook 2 minutes in, 30 seconds later you drop him again, 30 seconds later you land a perfect punch right on the button and the fights over.

People need to get over their hatred and look at things objectively. I don't like Penn but as I watched the fight it was apparent it was just a matter of time before he finished Kenny. Those heel shots to the stomach from rear mount were just sick.

It's funny when Kimbo got KO'd by a jab he was a bum, when it happens to Forrest, "he took a dive"

Sometimes when you hear people discussing MMA, you often think this guy doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

·
Premium Member
4,513 Posts
Poor Anderson, people complain that your fights are boring and you spend the whole fight backing up. They match you against a big LHW, you dislocate his jaw with a hook 2 minutes in, 30 seconds later you drop him again, 30 seconds later you land a perfect punch right on the button and the fights over.

People need to get over their hatred and look at things objectively. I don't like Penn but as I watched the fight it was apparent it was just a matter of time before he finished Kenny. Those heel shots to the stomach from rear mount were just sick.

It's funny when Kimbo got KO'd by a jab he was a bum, when it happens to Forrest, "he took a dive"

Sometimes when you hear people discussing MMA, you often think this guy doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.
People are going to rip Silva no matter what. The guy can only fight who they sign him up againest

·
The Dreaded Midnight Taint Slapper
17,898 Posts

you are crazy, that MFer got KTFO!!

silva is bruce lee back from the dead!!!

that last KO in slow mo is fucking SICK!!!

·
The Dreaded Midnight Taint Slapper
17,898 Posts

that wasn't a jab, it was a straight right, and it is textbook Jeet Kun do.

no blocking, only moving out of the way, and then hitting them while they still have all of there foward momentum.

To the people who think that was fake....

you do not understand what happened. I promise you that MFer was OUT. look at the slow-mo, you can see the shockwave ripple through forest's body.

he was OUT.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I didn't really know how to feel about the silva/griffin fight. no matter what you believe, it did "look" a little fake; the leg cocked up in the air thing. but that strike was not much different to the way, for instance, that fedor took out arlovski... as someone else said, using the aggressor's forward momentum, kinda like a head-on collision.

either way... silva looked awesome and griffin looked pretty ordinary.

bj... was awesome... he was taken apart by a bigger, stronger, gsp, but at lightweight, he's a monster. and it's pretty clear he took his training to another level. he was leaner, but bigger/thicker pretty much everywhere. he looks like a pretty BIG 155 right now and into the 4th round, he seemed to have the conditioning to back it up.

ditto, re: the heel strikes from the back... those legs really are like another pair of arms.

·
Premium Member
9,050 Posts
We need a link to the Penn fight......

Griffin vs Silva :sleep Griffin seemed slow and worn out when the fight began. Almost like he may have overtrained.:dunno

1 - 20 of 36 Posts