Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just thrown my new 5.5 rear on my 1100K and there doesn't seem to be much clearance between the tyre and chain, maybe 3.4 mm.

I have kept the original sprocket carrier and spacer so I know that the chain is aligned, is this normal? It looks a bit scarey to me.

I know that the chain and tyre don't move about arond there, well much anyway.....

comments anyone, please.

Thanks,
Andy.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
As long as the tire doesn't rub the chain, and the chain is aligned, and the wheel is centered in the frame, you've got no worries... there's *got* to be less clearance betweenthe chain and tire when you go to a 1" wider tire... just be sure of your alignment issues and don't worry `bout it as long as there is clearance would be my advice.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I put a 5.5 rim and a 190 mez1 on my 85 750. I can touch the chain to the tire when just sitting there. Under power the chain pulls straight and does not rub on the tire. I don't think you will have any problems.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot..... I appreciate it. I was worried for a shortwhile but as usual you guys have all of the answers.

That Pirelli evo supercorsa sure does look good........roll on the summer

Andy

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
if you have checked everything else and think it to close, take the sproket off and put washer/shims behing it. You can also go to a 520 chain/sproket kit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts