Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going over some maintenance on my bike getting it ready for the season, and was wondering what kind of grease or oil you would recommend for lubricating moving parts? The service manual shows which parts need to be lubed but as far as I could find didn't mention what to use.

So what do you use? And are there other parts on the bike that aren't mentioned under regular maintenance that you would recommend lubricating?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I generally use a multi purpose bearing/mechanical grease for suspension pivot points, head bearings and axles. Some guys ive heard recommend marine grade just because its more resistant to water.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I generally use a multi purpose bearing/mechanical grease for suspension pivot points, head bearings and axles. Some guys ive heard recommend marine grade just because its more resistant to water.
So how do you apply it? Just from the outside or do you take the respective parts apart?

Also what do you use for pivot points at the levers etc?

·
Not the powers that be, not even close.
23,092 Posts
I use wheel bearing grease on everything. I take the levers and foot pegs apart and lightly coat the pivot or bolt with grease using my finger.

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
I used Mobil1 synthetic grease.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts