Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

41 - 60 of 257 Posts

·
IMMITIGABLY VERBOSE DUDE
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
My dad has told me a few war stories about the old H1. I think sportrider or motorcyclist published an article about those a while back. I can't even imagine the power on those things. :scared
The H2 750 is the real bad boy...

...but honestly, the previously pictured Gamma makes ANY of them feel like an "iron poor wind-up spring" and will likely pull even or off on the latest literbikes from a roll thru 130 or more!:shifty (If you pulled the trigger a few time, you'd understand that claim... which I hope to validate in earnest this spring, when my rear tire isn't spinning free every time I hit the pipe above 3rd on these cold roads!)

-crisp

·
Registered
496 Posts
I went out with team green one day (my off road riding buddies all with Kawi's:biggrin). We had a 250, a 125, my 100, an 80, and even the 60. At the end of the day, everyone said they had the most fun on the 100. Power/Weight wise you can't really beat it if you're just out to have fun. You gotta have alot of room to enjoy a 250 and alot more to have fun on a 500. Me personally, I felt fastest on the 125. But I can't fit one of those things in my astro van. :hammer

I think you hit the nail on the head. It's about all that power and little weight without the warp speed.

Since I started with dirtbikes I'll prolly end with dirtbikes. That shit'll never leave my blood. Every time I get off of one my face is like this --> :biggrin

Fuck, even my girl's TT-R Yamaha is a blast to fuck around on. But this thread is about the 2 bangers. :lol

Note for my lurkers: If you're reading this thread and have never experienced a 2 stroke motorcycle or dirtbike of any sort, do yourself a favor and go ride one. You won't be dissapointed. If you can afford it, go buy one before they become obsolete and NEVER sell it.
You are 100% correct about the power to weight of the KX100...:biggrin

I have owned every 2 stroke from 50cc to 500cc and the 149 LBS/28 BHP KX100 is the perfect bike to have FUN on and will hang with a KX125 no problem...:cheers

But the 220 LBS/ 65 BHP (plus crazy torque) KX500 is a whole new world in off road bliss...:yumyum

And 2 stroke power is not like 4 stroke power for anyone thinking those numbers are not to crazy...It is like haveing a 2.0 liter car engine with (2 stroke) or without (4 stroke) a TURBO!!!:eek

·
Super Moderator
14,988 Posts
The H2 750 is the real bad boy...

...but honestly, the previously pictured Gamma makes ANY of them feel like an "iron poor wind-up spring" and will likely pull even or off on the latest literbikes from a roll thru 130 or more!:shifty (If you pulled the trigger a few time, you'd understand that claim... which I hope to validate in earnest this spring, when my rear tire isn't spinning free every time I hit the pipe above 3rd on these cold roads!)

-crisp

I'd love to have a go at the Gamma or any other 500 2 stroke for that matter. I don't for one minute doubt what you're saying about the acceleration. I've ridden a few 250s [balls draggin] and I can't even begin to fathom having twice the displacement, in any chassis. :cheers

·
Super Moderator
14,988 Posts
the 220 LBS/ 65 BHP (plus crazy torque) KX500 is a whole new world in off road bliss...:yumyum
I see those KX's, and the CR500s around here for sale all the time. Well...in the classifieds at least. But I'm always asking myself, "where the hell can I actually ride one of those things?"

The 500s are too much even for motoX tracks if you ask me. They're open class dirtbikes and I think you need more room than I usually have available to have any sort of fun with them.

But damn...I still want a 500. :drool

·
Registered
496 Posts
I see those KX's, and the CR500s around here for sale all the time. Well...in the classifieds at least. But I'm always asking myself, "where the hell can I actually ride one of those things?"

The 500s are too much even for motoX tracks if you ask me. They're open class dirtbikes and I think you need more room than I usually have available to have any sort of fun with them.

You are correct again about needing ALOT of room for a 500cc 2 stroke...:biggrin

I had access to a huge amount of land with mile long straights that you can really use all of the power of the big bore strokers...:yumyum

But 500's are not what you want on a track or small area...:dissapointed

That is why it matters what you ride where you are and the 100's you can use anywhere and the 500's only in WIDE OPEN SPACES that are not around here anymore...:sad

All my old rideing spots have houses or buildings now so the 100's are the bike of choice which is OK because you can still buy a brand new KX100 but not a KX500...:burnout

·
Registered
496 Posts
KX100=FUN POWER...:biggrin

KX500=CRAZY POWER...:eek

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,988 Posts
I'm not a quad guy, but have any of you ever ridden the Banshee?

Twin cylinder 350cc 2 stroke Yamaha....you do the math. :spit

The one I hopped on looked just like the one in this picture.

I got off the thing like :wtfthis fuckin thing has raw nutz! :lol

·
Registered
496 Posts

Yes I had a 1998 Blue/White and it was a monster of fun...:biggrin

·
Registered
1,017 Posts

My Dad has a 1983 Yami YZ490...I swear every time I ride it, its trying to kill me.

I was lightly rolling on the throttle in 2nd gear (4 speed gearbox) and the next thing I know I'm staring strait up at the sky. I got the front end down before I went in the corn field but I slid about 4 rows in.

It's the only bike that scares me to ride...:eek:hmy

·
Love the Twins
445 Posts

Oh, yea! My buddy is a Yami freak ('04 FZ6, '07 FZ1, & a Banshee). Took that thing around the house & down the road. :eek:hmy Wow is the only word for it.

·
The Dreaded Midnight Taint Slapper
17,898 Posts
My Dad has a 1983 Yami YZ490...I swear every time I ride it, its trying to kill me.

I was lightly rolling on the throttle in 2nd gear (4 speed gearbox) and the next thing I know I'm staring strait up at the sky. I got the front end down before I went in the corn field but I slid about 4 rows in.

It's the only bike that scares me to ride...:eek:hmy
yeah, when I raced the CR500 that time, I used 3rd and 4th gear the whole time, and lugged the motor. You keep the power in control AND reduce the gyro effect of the crank, which makes the bike way easier to ride.

I remember reading that in 1985 David Bailey rode a detuned cr500 in the outdoor nats.

most guys who ride a 1000 on the street would fill their skivies if they rode a 500 two stroke MXer.

·
The Dreaded Midnight Taint Slapper
17,898 Posts

the fire trails in the woods are AWESOME for a 500, but it is super illegal to ride an offroad bike on those these days...:dissapointed

·
IMMITIGABLY VERBOSE DUDE
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I shot a quick Gamma start-up vid a little bit ago...

...working on the YouTube or some such post once I figure it out.:biggrin

-crisp

·
Registered
496 Posts
yeah, when I raced the CR500 that time, I used 3rd and 4th gear the whole time, and lugged the motor. You keep the power in control AND reduce the gyro effect of the crank, which makes the bike way easier to ride.

I remember reading that in 1985 David Bailey rode a detuned cr500 in the outdoor nats.

most guys who ride a 1000 on the street would fill their skivies if they rode a 500 two stroke MXer.
When they raced the 500 open class in the AMA supercross and outdoor nationals JEFF WARD was a master and won the most...He still is a great supermoto rider and won the 2008 X-GAMES...:thumbup

Attachments

·
IMMITIGABLY VERBOSE DUDE
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #58

Well, it's Thanksgiving... and after a bunch of triptophan-bird... I mustered enough energy to shoot a couple photos and video. Unfortunately, the video uploaded and video ran at x2 speed, with sound running correctly! I'm working on the upload now...:sad

-crisp

·
Registered
496 Posts

Well, it's Thanksgiving... and after a bunch of triptophan-bird... I mustered enough energy to shoot a couple photos and video. Unfortunately, the video uploaded and video ran at x2 speed, with sound running correctly! I'm working on the upload now...:sad

-crisp
That thing is SOOOO SWEEEET that i am getting more and more mad that i did not buy it when i had the chance...:cursing

Get those vids up ASAP...:punk

·
IMMITIGABLY VERBOSE DUDE
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Thank you very much for the kind words!:cheers

I KNOW you want to hear THESE!:biggrin

...I'm working on it!

-crisp

41 - 60 of 257 Posts