Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 40 of 257 Posts

·
IMMITIGABLY VERBOSE DUDE
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Do it as a video & then you can post it on Utube or any of those type of sites .
OK. I'll probably do a YouTube clip then.

Hope we get another clear day yet this season! (SNOWING today!!!:hammer)

-crisp

·
IMMITIGABLY VERBOSE DUDE
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

Gotta love the STROKERS! (PS: They changed their laws on the 2-strokes in Japan as well... and now you can't get the NSR250's, TZ's, and RGV's that were so trick just a few years ago... Some of them are still very cheap used... but a little difficult and costly to bring back over here. I still remember my FIRST ride on an early model NS250R back in the earlier 80's... WOW!)

-crisp

·
The Dreaded Midnight Taint Slapper
17,898 Posts
That RM is so clean, I'm wondering if you ever get a chance to ride it. :biggrin :cheers
yes, I do, but I am a freak with my cleaning and maintenance (even if I can't spell maintenance).

·
17,898 Posts
Man, that CART scares the holy cannoli out of ME! I took a 125 shifter for a whirl, and about soiled my Levi's in the first few rips through the paddle shifters... the contact with the pavement was magnetic, but the handling was so immediate, I couldn't keep it in a controlled straight line!:eek:hmy

There was an article about a guy who put a Rick Lance Gamma motor in a quad... I think "Banshee" or something... and it was told to be a beast.:punk

Nice!

-crisp

yeah, the 125 kart is unbelievable as far as handling and braking goes, but it is a little down on motor (only about 45hp) compared to the 500cc alcohol dirt racer (90-100hp)!!

·
IMMITIGABLY VERBOSE DUDE
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
yeah, the 125 kart is unbelievable as far as handling and braking goes, but it is a little down on motor (only about 45hp) compared to the 500cc alcohol dirt racer (90-100hp)!!
SHWIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNGGGGG!:eek:hmy

That REALLY scares the holy Swiss cheese outta me!:biggrin

-crisp

·
IMMITIGABLY VERBOSE DUDE
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Here is my little 2-smoker!!!

SWEET! Still the 50? I stuffed an RM80 in mine!:biggrin

EDIT!!! --> That should read YZ80 above!^^^

^^^ This little guy will do around 80mph!:biggrin (POWER wheelies in 2nd!:punk)

-crisp

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Dude that Gamma is awesome.:punk Never got to ride the 500's but did get to ride a friends RZ 350 back in the eighties. Fun bike for sure, anemic power down low but oh wow was it fun past about 9000 RPM.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I was 18 in 1986 and almost bought a RG500 off the showroom floor but got a FZ750 instead...:biggrin

I have owned ALOT of dirtbikes and quads and the fastest and most powerfull were the KX500's...:yumyum
I have owned 4 of them from brand new and after you ride one you will not want anything else...:cheers
That is the bike that teaches you how to wheelie because that is all it does all day long and is still to this day the fastest 2 stroke dirtbike ever made...:eek:hmy

I wish i had bought the RG500 and am still mad that i did not...:scared

Keep that thing clean and mean and as long as you can...:drool

Also i know alot of people who wanted to take the KX500 for a ride and i would not let them but my buddy let anyone ride his CR500 and EVERYONE got hurt bad by flipping it...:dissapointed

Last week another freind said he took a CR500 for a ride and flipped it and hurt himself...He was used to a CR250 and could not belive the power and torque of the 500 2 stroke...:shifty

The last year of production was 2004 for the KX500 and alot of people will never feel that lightswitch powerband it had...:sad

·
Super Moderator
14,988 Posts
SWEET! Still the 50? I stuffed an RM80 in mine!:biggrin

^^^ This little guy will do around 80mph!:biggrin (POWER wheelies in 2nd!:punk)

-crisp
:punk I always wanted to stuff an 80 in a YSR! That thing must be nutz!:punk

·
17,898 Posts
I was 18 in 1986 and almost bought a RG500 off the showroom floor but got a FZ750 instead...:biggrin

I have owned ALOT of dirtbikes and quads and the fastest and most powerfull were the KX500's...:yumyum
I have owned 4 of them from brand new and after you ride one you will not want anything else...:cheers
That is the bike that teaches you how to wheelie because that is all it does all day long and is still to this day the fastest 2 stroke dirtbike ever made...:eek:hmy

I wish i had bought the RG500 and am still mad that i did not...:scared

Keep that thing clean and mean and as long as you can...:drool

Also i know alot of people who wanted to take the KX500 for a ride and i would not let them but my buddy let anyone ride his CR500 and EVERYONE got hurt bad by flipping it...:dissapointed

Last week another freind said he took a CR500 for a ride and flipped it and hurt himself...He was used to a CR250 and could not belive the power and torque of the 500 2 stroke...:shifty

The last year of production was 2004 for the KX500 and alot of people will never feel that lightswitch powerband it had...:sad

I would have to agree. 500cc dirtbikes are retarded fast. I raced a 94 cr500 in the money class at dade city MX one night when my bike broke and it was scary fast......which is why we put those motors on alcohol and put them in go karts!!! THEN they are much more tame...:shifty

·
Registered
496 Posts
I would have to agree. 500cc dirtbikes are retarded fast. I raced a 94 cr500 in the money class at dade city MX one night when my bike broke and it was scary fast......which is why we put those motors on alcohol and put them in go karts!!! THEN they are much more tame...:shifty

I see you have a RM100 and i had 2 KX100's in the past...:cheers
They are some of the best bikes to have fun on because you can keep it nailed thru the gears and really use ALL of the power without warp speed like the 500's...:eek:hmy

Also they will wheelie ALL DAY LONG just like the big bikes but not get out of hand and make you think twice about keeping it on the boil...:burnout

I think that people who never had a chance to ride the 500 strokers can't understand the thrust they produce...:yumyum

I miss the raw power but am glad i grew up on them and learned my way on the 2 strokes...Something that is going away every year more and more...:sad

·
17,898 Posts
me too, I will always have a two stroke of some sort, even if they become fully illegal to own!

·
IMMITIGABLY VERBOSE DUDE
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

^^^ Let's see... what was that thing I had laying around in my living room... (BACK BEFORE I WAS MARRIED???)

I'm thinking 1972 Kawasaki H1 Mach III 500 triple...:punk

PS: WORD to the WISE... DON'T ARMORALL THE SEAT!!!:hammer

-crisp

·
I
949 Posts
I love the two strokes. This was my dad's. He bought it off my uncle in the 70's, who bought it a year old in 1973 and sold it to my dad to buy a honda eleanor (I'm thinking it was a '78 which I'm still trying to aquire since he still has it). Anyways, it is a 1972 Suzuki TS-185. It is missing the chrome fenders, brake light and turn signals, although some have been put on so it is streetable. The headlight burnt out and the only place I can find one is ebay, but every ad says they don't know if the light works or not. Still starts in two kicks.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,988 Posts
I see you have a RM100 and i had 2 KX100's in the past...:cheers
They are some of the best bikes to have fun on because you can keep it nailed thru the gears and really use ALL of the power without warp speed like the 500's...:eek:hmy

Also they will wheelie ALL DAY LONG just like the big bikes but not get out of hand and make you think twice about keeping it on the boil...:burnout
I went out with team green one day (my off road riding buddies all with Kawi's:biggrin). We had a 250, a 125, my 100, an 80, and even the 60. At the end of the day, everyone said they had the most fun on the 100. Power/Weight wise you can't really beat it if you're just out to have fun. You gotta have alot of room to enjoy a 250 and alot more to have fun on a 500. Me personally, I felt fastest on the 125. But I can't fit one of those things in my astro van. :hammer

I think you hit the nail on the head. It's about all that power and little weight without the warp speed.

Since I started with dirtbikes I'll prolly end with dirtbikes. That shit'll never leave my blood. Every time I get off of one my face is like this --> :biggrin

Fuck, even my girl's TT-R Yamaha is a blast to fuck around on. But this thread is about the 2 bangers. :lol

Note for my lurkers: If you're reading this thread and have never experienced a 2 stroke motorcycle or dirtbike of any sort, do yourself a favor and go ride one. You won't be dissapointed. If you can afford it, go buy one before they become obsolete and NEVER sell it.

·
Super Moderator
14,988 Posts
I'm thinking 1972 Kawasaki H1 Mach III 500 triple...:punk

My dad has told me a few war stories about the old H1. I think sportrider or motorcyclist published an article about those a while back. I can't even imagine the power on those things. :scared

21 - 40 of 257 Posts