Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

241 - 257 of 257 Posts

·
Taught Goatsee everything he "knows"
12,629 Posts
Glad this thread was brought back. Why did you sale the gama?

Now to bring some good news or rumors to the thread regarding 2 strokes. It doesnt look like new 2 stroke bikes will ever return to highways of the U.S. But there maybe good news for motocross. :D Remember 5 years ago KTM was testing direct injection 2-strokes? I recently read that now Honda is experimenting with direct injection on strokes also and may take theirs to production as there is still a demand for 2 stroke MX bikes out there.

Found some links

Spy Guy: 2015 Honda CR250R Direct Inject Two-Stroke!

http://www.dirtrider.com/features/spy-guy-2015-honda-cr250r-direct-inject-two-stroke/

·
Registered
79 Posts
Re: TWO-STROKE HEAVEN - Illustrated W/VIDS!!!

Explain please.....:dunno
Hello spike52,

A blat is a technical term for "Wringing it's neck" or "Wanging it on the throttle" or "Hooning around" and having fun on two wheels.

Of course you may have your own favorite term.

All the Best,

Rob54.

·
Registered
79 Posts

Rob,

Bring yours or we'll find something to roll out for the two of us! A good blat would be a good fix... ;)

-crisp
Hello crisp,

The plan is to build something to take to the "Salt" next year, possibly taking the scenic route to Bonneville and drop by on the way. It's all at the planning stage at the moment.

All the Best,

Rob54.

·
IMMITIGABLY VERBOSE DUDE
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #244

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1410914591.689208.jpg

...putting Burt in the DVD player now... :)

-crisp

·
Registered
79 Posts

View attachment 335410

...putting Burt in the DVD player now... :)

-crisp
Hello crisp,

Good idea, I may just follow your example. My daughter bought me the DVD a while back and it's been some time since I watched it. May dig out the "On Any Sunday." boxed set she got me and watch that as well.

Both very inspiring films.

All the Best,

Rob54.

·
17,011 Posts

Hello spike52,

A blat is a technical term for "Wringing it's neck" or "Wanging it on the throttle" or "Hooning around" and having fun on two wheels.

Of course you may have your own favorite term.

All the Best,

Rob54.
Thank you sir....

·
IMMITIGABLY VERBOSE DUDE
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #247

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1411328531.944010.jpg

Came across a mid/latter 90's shot on my Gamma with some slow guys... ;)

-crisp

·
IMMITIGABLY VERBOSE DUDE
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #249
Sorry for the long absence all. Life, work, four children and too many distractions along this journey of life. Today, I am just wanting to circle back here for a moment to celebrate in the life of my good friend Rick Lance of Lancegamma.com who brought me so much Two-Stroke Heaven along the way. On May 15th, 2019, Rick lost his private and prolonged battle with cancer and passed on to his own Two-Stroke Heaven forever. He was a man among men, a man of faith, and he carried his good character with him up until the final moments he shared his good nature with us all on this earth. I will forever cherish the friendship Rick shared with me personally and the many lessons he taught me, yes, about Gammas but more importantly about myself, people, life and his faith in God and what it meant even to those who did not share in those beliefs. You couldn’t help but be deeply affected by Rick’s sharp wit, gentle demeanor and indomitable spirit for life and the love of everyone he met and shared a moment with.

Rest in peace, my good friend. It was a pleasure to make one final visit this past December 1st to see you face-to-face as your time drew ever nearer and a great honor to be at your final celebration of life service in mid-May where you now are laid to rest on that small Chapel Hilltop where you can forever look to the majesty of the North Carolina country that you embraced as home and that claimed you it’s own... Peace.

Final photo with Rick December 1, 2018 (Me, Sean Freeman-mutual friend, Rick Lance)

-crisp

Attachments

·
17,011 Posts
Sorry for the long absence all. Life, work, four children and too many distractions along this journey of life. Today, I am just wanting to circle back here for a moment to celebrate in the life of my good friend Rick Lance of Lancegamma.com who brought me so much Two-Stroke Heaven along the way. On May 15th, 2019, Rick lost his private and prolonged battle with cancer and passed on to his own Two-Stroke Heaven forever. He was a man among men, a man of faith, and he carried his good character with him up until the final moments he shared his good nature with us all on this earth. I will forever cherish the friendship Rick shared with me personally and the many lessons he taught me, yes, about Gammas but more importantly about myself, people, life and his faith in God and what it meant even to those who did not share in those beliefs. You couldn’t help but be deeply affected by Rick’s sharp wit, gentle demeanor and indomitable spirit for life and the love of everyone he met and shared a moment with.

Rest in peace, my good friend. It was a pleasure to make one final visit this past December 1st to see you face-to-face as your time drew ever nearer and a great honor to be at your final celebration of life service in mid-May where you now are laid to rest on that small Chapel Hilltop where you can forever look to the majesty of the North Carolina country that you embraced as home and that claimed you it’s own... Peace.

Final photo with Rick December 1, 2018 (Me, Sean Freeman-mutual friend, Rick Lance)

-crisp

Nice post crisp..:cheers

R.I.P. Rick

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,058 Posts
that's a really nice goodbye.
well said :)

·
IMMITIGABLY VERBOSE DUDE
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #255