Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 257 Posts

·
IMMITIGABLY VERBOSE DUDE
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TWO-STROKE HEAVEN - Illustrated W/VIDS!!!

NOTE: NOW WITH VIDS!

http://www.youtube.com/user/crispylicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX1TH0wCZfY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM2ITwhjZOA

^^^ And MORE!

Don't know if this will go over or not... but perhaps there are a few of you with strokers in your mix along with the Gix...

If so, then this thread is for you. Please feel free to post up some TWO-STROKE pictures!

I'm so fond of my Gamma, I want a place to share it, so I'll update with my exploits as they come along as well... please feel free to do the same.

^^^ My 1986 RG500 Gamma (Built by Rick Lance)

...the odyssey continues...:cheers

-crisp

·
PM me for Brotection
57,513 Posts
Lucky fucker :flipoff

I hear Aprilia is bringing an RS125 back for 09 with some "clean" 2 smoke tech. I guess it's similar to what Evindrude was doing with the outboard motors.

This is the closest I've gotten to 2-stroke action lately.

DSC_0081.jpg

A guy let me ride his RM65 mini-motard after my 4-stroke chinese bike shit the bed. There were some bad ass 85's out there too. I'm really wanting to replace the chinese junk with a 65 from the big 4.

·
IMMITIGABLY VERBOSE DUDE
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^^ I like those little motards!

Here is a Daytona Special that passed through my hands... only to split a beagle open and endo into oblivion... leaving my buddy battered and stunned on the side of the road... as he blindly fumbled to gather the pieces strewn about the roadside...:_confused1:

-crisp

·
IMMITIGABLY VERBOSE DUDE
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My only 2 banger

The first time I rode a KX500 it was a fire-breathing monster! I remember throwing rooster tails 30 ft in the air all the way through 3rd with the front end lofting about a foot-n-a-half above the earth. Scared the holy flying lizards out of me.:eek

-crisp

·
Super Moderator
14,993 Posts
The first time I rode a KX500 it was a fire-breathing monster! I remember throwing rooster tails 30 ft in the air all the way through 3rd with the front end lofting about a foot-n-a-half above the earth. Scared the holy flying lizards out of me.:eek

-crisp

Yeah the KX500 is in a class of it's own. You need a lot of room to be able to enjoy one of those.

Mine is only 100cc's and although it's considered a minicrosser, it's still a wild ride. The front end doesn't like to stay planted at all. It's like a pit bike on steroids. :biggrin

·
IMMITIGABLY VERBOSE DUDE
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That Gamma is one clean looking ride man:thumbup

Only two-strokes I've ridden were a few CR's, YZ's, KX's, RM's of various displacements. Badass scooters, hopefully I get a chance to ride a two-smoker street bike some day:cheers
If you make your way out to the Buckeye State sometime... give me a holler. EVERYONE should at least EXPERIENCE an RG at some point in their life! (Well... not EVERYone...:nono)

-crisp

·
IMMITIGABLY VERBOSE DUDE
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My first two bikes were two-strokes. Both Bridgestones. First was a mountain 90, second was a 200cc scrambler. Neither was very fast, but they were very quick. I wish I still had 'em. Google pics:

^^^ My FIRST BIKE! A 50cc Honda "RACCOON" (Air cooled two-stroke)

At LEAST it was the right color!:lol

I rode it until it seized! (Cut hole in airbox without fuel compensation... it ran lean and LOCKED UP one day! DOH!:hammer)

-crisp

·
Rectum Rupticus
9,918 Posts
Any sound clips of the Gamma ?:punk

·
IMMITIGABLY VERBOSE DUDE
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Any sound clips of the Gamma ?:punk
DEFINITELY will do! I was SO tempted Sunday afternoon when I shot those photos... but it was 37* and dropping fast as the sun set, and I didn't have a little tripod to set up the shot. I haven't posted sound/vid yet... use photobucket for pics. What's my best vid clip post method here?

-crisp

·
IMMITIGABLY VERBOSE DUDE
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
these are some of mine
Man, that CART scares the holy cannoli out of ME! I took a 125 shifter for a whirl, and about soiled my Levi's in the first few rips through the paddle shifters... the contact with the pavement was magnetic, but the handling was so immediate, I couldn't keep it in a controlled straight line!:eek:hmy

There was an article about a guy who put a Rick Lance Gamma motor in a quad... I think "Banshee" or something... and it was told to be a beast.:punk

Nice!

-crisp

·
Chubby Chaser
57,816 Posts
Don't know if this will go over or not... but perhaps there are a few of you with strokers in your mix along with the Gix...

If so, then this thread is for you. Please feel free to post up some TWO-STROKE pictures!

I'm so fond of my Gamma, I want a place to share it, so I'll update with my exploits as they come along as well... please feel free to do the same.

^^^ My 1986 RG500 Gamma (Built by Rick Lance)

...the odyssey continues...:cheers

-crisp

That is just awesome. :punk

·
Rectum Rupticus
9,918 Posts
DEFINITELY will do! I was SO tempted Sunday afternoon when I shot those photos... but it was 37* and dropping fast as the sun set, and I didn't have a little tripod to set up the shot. I haven't posted sound/vid yet... use photobucket for pics. What's my best vid clip post method here?

-crisp
Do it as a video & then you can post it on Utube or any of those type of sites .

1 - 20 of 257 Posts