Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two questions for you 750 people: What size rear sprocket are you running? And what rpm are you at, at 80 mph (in top gear). Thanks.

For extra credit: What is the stock sprocket size for my bike?

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
i run 47 teeth on the back and ride at 5,500 rpms at around 65
and I don't know what kind of bike you got so I can't recieve extra credit sry.! but my bike stock back is 42

·
Registered
811 Posts
stock gearing is usually 15 45...i ran 15 48 before i pulled the 750 out and im not sure what revs i was doin at what speed, but i do know my top speed was about 220kph. at the time i had a mate on a vtr1000 chasing me and he still had one more gear to go!!!

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
tbrown has an 86 750 with 18" wheels, so the stock gearing is 14/42. i like the stock gearing myself because it offers a good overall compromise. but then again, i am running 17" wheels on my 86's and that also reduces the final drive ratio.

if you want quicker acceleration then use a 44/45 rear sprocket.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, 86. Sorry about that, folks. My bike info was listed in my signature, but for some reason, it has vanished. Anyway, I'm toying with the idea of going up three teeth on the back. I did it once on an old GPZ, and loved the result. On the other hand, I'm thinking of things like fuel economy, engine longevity, funtional eardrums--you know, practical shit. I know my bike would develop a screaming-problem if I increased cog size.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright--Who stole my signature? The one that tells all my bike info. Does anybody know? Even weirder: maybe it was never there in the first place. Maybe I only hallucinated that it was there every time I viewed one of my posts. Maybe I'm already dead, and haven't realized it yet! I gotta go--I've got some thinking to do.

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
Alright--Who stole my signature? The one that tells all my bike info. Does anybody know?
Try clicking 'my home' up top, and edit your profile info where the sig is created. Is it still in there? When you post, you're given the option to attach your sig, which is usually checked off by default. Other than that, I dunno...

I run stock gearing, but I don't remember the revs. Haven't had it out this season yet, except for a quick run to get the inspection sticker.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
1986 GSXR750 stock gearing is 14-42

Currently running 13-43 on mine.
But I'm not sure what the RPMs at 80mph ( I'll check this weekend ).

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, Robben. I checked on all of that stuff, and still can't see why it's not working. It works on some posts, but not on others. Oh well.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
See?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts