Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing my first track day at Summit Jeffereson. I have a leather jacket. I was wondering what kind of "Textile" pants can be worn. I see the rules say no "Air-mesh" where you can see your skin. Can you guys tell me who's pants (name,manufacturer etc) would be "legal" and pass tech inspection.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I'm not sure which are legal but I would like to remind you before spending the money that you must have a suit that has a 360 degree zipper around the waist if you are doing a Nesba Trackday. You can check out the nesba forum...the CR's and Tech inspection people are on the site all the time and would be able to answer the question quickly.

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
You will rarely find a race track tech to allow textile... There garbage and dont hold up i a wreck do yourself a favor and buy a decent 1 piece. AGV/fieldsheer/kobe all make kick ass affordable suits.

·
Registered
849 Posts
+1 on Ibidu and Hammer. Trust me it's not worth it to cut corners on your protection. And for the price you're going to pay for a decent set of leather pants you might as well go and get a 1-piece full leather suit.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
I've seen what happens to a textile suit!!!!
My buddy has a nice hole in his rear(not one that was already there) from a crash at Jennings!

Leathers are the way to go!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts