Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Been a while since I posted here, moved onto a Zx6r. Recently bought a 2006 600 from a dealership, and I seem to be having some slight problems with the bike. First off, when letting off the throttle and getting back on it, the bike seems too responsive? I'm not sure how to explain it, but the transition from closed throttle and slightly open is very dramatic. It makes coming to stops extremely uncomfortable as the bike seems to just lurch back and forth. This doesn't seem to happen every time I ride, so my riding skills aren't the answer 馃槈 I don't believe the chain can be the issue either. I just recently adjusted it within spec, and there's no tight/loose spots. Second thing I've noticed, but can't be 100% sure, is that whenever I open the gas tank, the bike rides normally. Every now and then my gas cap will make a somewhat whining noise when I park it, so I believe my problems resolve around a fuel issue. Is my gas tank not venting properly, and if so, how do I fix this? I just replaced my breather hose because the old one was in poor condition, but this didn't seem to fix anything. Thanks in advance guys

I know things... A lot of things.
I don't see how you could be having fueling problems at near-closed throttle and idle speeds, but be fine at higher loads. You might want to search the forum for the term "herky-jerky throttle", which is more or less what you describe. Be prepared for a lot of info. I'd suggest starting with checking the idle speed and TPS, in that order. Set the idle speed as per manual and then with a *warm* engine *running* at idle, switch to dealer mode and check the dash on the display next to the code. If it's not centered, adjust accordingly.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response, I'll do that today. The throttle had way too much Freeplay when I bought it, so I adjusted it. Does adjusting the Freeplay mess with the TPS?

Hand-Eye Coordinator
Lots of stuff to check here... but could you list your mods, first?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts